style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2459 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just received a letter from Midland Expressway Limited saying that I have unpaid tolls due: £20.60

This is a total of 4 unpaid tolls dating from:

22nd Dec 2012

23rd Dec 2012

24th Dec 2012

1st Jan 2013

Quick explanation of these unpaid tolls,

I have 2 bank accounts, the main account which I pay everything from is the card I have always used on the toll road, I never had any problems with it until around the end of November when it would spit the card out and not move the barrier. So I switched to my credit card for that time. Didn't like the thought of using a credit card for something that trivial as I always have it on hand for bigger stuff.

So the next time i went (22nd Dec 2012) I switched to my 2nd account card which I use for emergencies etc, dont have to worry about paying it back and its much less of a hassle than the credit card. Had no problem with this, card went in, card came out, barrier went up, off i go.

Now on the 24th of January.... I get this letter DATED 17TH JAN saying that I may or may not be aware that my card has been declined for those 4 payments and that I have until the 25th January (tomorrow!) to pay up or they will instigate legal proceedings.

What I came here for is to ask: Does this mean I have all of tomorrow to pay or will they take 12:01 tomorrow morning as "I have ignored the letter"?

They saw over a month ago that the card failed 3 times.... yet they wait until now!

i doubt it will matter

just pay it when you can

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Did the cards fail, did the card providers inform you that the payments had been declined.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Did the cards fail, did the card providers inform you that the payments had been declined.?

Nope nothing from my bank, but i've just checked and there have been no payments made from the 2nd account.

The envelope is stamped 21.01.13 so they waited 4 days to send it off....

Would appear that there card reader systems are at fault.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Would appear that there card reader systems are at fault.

Well they are correct, there has been no payment made from my account so it has failed to pay for some reason... Just annoying that they wrote the letter almost a month after the first failed payment, sent the letter off on Monday and require me to pay by Friday

Edit: sorry yes i see what you mean

Well... if they dont accept the payment tomorrow i have the envelope as evidence that the delivery was way too late

Edited by Peter Spriggs

you are worry about a deadline date that holds no water.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets