Vodafone admin fees started 19 months into contract ?

davest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my computer won't let me get directly to the web relations team so posting my dilema,

I have been paying my wifes contract for 19 months at the agreed £24.99 (now £25.50) only 5 months to go, when I came to pay this months bill it has increased by £3.60 because of administration fees so now over £29, I phoned them asking why and the rep stated that this is what the banks are charging them for taking visa debit payments which has recently started the only way around this is to start direct debit payments I argued to no avail and agreed to start a DD payment to sort,

I had my doubts and went to my bank and asked the question and was told this is not true and Vodafone have misled me, I was not happy. Since phoned and told them I was not happy to be misled into starting a DD under false facts and insisted that they wouldn't process the DD.

Anyway it appears now that because I have been paying by card for 19 months I should have been paying these admin fees every month and its only been realised this month they have agreed to waiver the admin fees for this month only but I will have to pay the extra for the remaining 5 months which I'm not happy about.

We have 3 contract phones with Vodafone this one, mine thats up in March plus another recent one. Feel as though I will see the contracts out and go elsewhere.

Cannot believe that Vodafone will be losing 3 contracts over an extra £20 admin fees, I promised the rep that I will be publishing this on this forum so here it is. Hopefully Lee will see this and advise.

Edited by citizenB

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**

Hi
CAG
link31.gifGetInline.aspx?messageid=f2014fe5-3163-11e1-bce5-00237de3a212&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid:image001.gif%4001CCC570.9FEE10D0&shared=1&hm__login=martinjk999&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.15.184.8&d=d1594&mf=32&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2018%20Jan%202012%2002:43:16%20GMT&st=martinjk999&hm__ha=01_b0fa07515ff963550b7d61c68955e3c3def29930b720d1c88a5e6174fa36ef9e&oneredir=1
members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on
CAG
link31.gifGetInline.aspx?messageid=f2014fe5-3163-11e1-bce5-00237de3a212&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid:image001.gif%4001CCC570.9FEE10D0&shared=1&hm__login=martinjk999&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.15.184.8&d=d1594&mf=32&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2018%20Jan%202012%2002:43:16%20GMT&st=martinjk999&hm__ha=01_b0fa07515ff963550b7d61c68955e3c3def29930b720d1c88a5e6174fa36ef9e&oneredir=1
is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone
UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at

(no spaces)

quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in
the

subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

If you follow the isntructions given above, then one of the Vodafone team will look in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should have been advised of any fees up front - but I am not sure what you can do.

I will alert Lee the Vodafone rep to your situation.

It is unlikely he will look in until tomorrow at the earliest.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you for your response,

All the vodafone reps kept saying is pay by DD and problem will be solved.

Just do not like the way this extra fees just added with no explanation, I know it is not a lot but it's the principal and to be lied to to obtain what they prefer is out of order.

The company make enough out of our household without these underhand tactics. The other funny thing being that Vodafone keep contacting me to upgrade my other phone which I was quite happy to do until this.

Hi davest,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

Customer's who elect to pay us manually each month via either cheque or via Credit or Debit Card are required to pay an additional £3.53 (inc. VAT) per month to cover the additional administration costs incurred by us. This is covered within our Terms and Conditions.

If you'd like to discuss your concerns further you're welcome to email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Many thanks Lee for your reply. I have then been lucky to have not paid this for 19 months. I personally don't think its right to have admin costs when they are paid on time. I will now set up yet another DD till the contract expires in June.

Is there a charge for customers who pay by home banking?

Hi 2Grumpy,

As customers who pay in this way will be classed as non DD payers they will incur the additional monthly fee.

Many thanks Lee for your reply. I have then been lucky to have not paid this for 19 months. I personally don't think its right to have admin costs when they are paid on time. I will now set up yet another DD till the contract expires in June.

You're welcome davest.

In the event that you require any further assistance you know where I am.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK