Lowell Portfolio and Shop Direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can see from your forum threads that Lowell Portfolio feature regularly! So, here's my story to add to the pile.

Letter received today from Lowell Portfolio demanding payment of an debt of £352.31 assigned from Shop Direct. Don't owe them anything, never bought anything from Shop Direct or predecessor Littlewoods. They're fishing!

Talked to Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline who passed on info to Trading Standards. Sending a recorded delivery letter based on CAG template (thank you) to Lowell tomorrow (snow too deep for little old ladies even if the postperson did get through) requesting, within ten days, either proof of debt or cessation of harassment with written assurance that account is closed and credit history clear!

Will update idc.

Hi Welcome to CAG,

Which template have you used please?

It would be best to check your credit reference files before sending anything!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

OK that's fine!!

Please check your credit files, there are a lot of old and very old Shop Direct accounts showing up at present.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

There is a distict possibility that the alleged debt may already be statute barred, also with these old accounts theb paperwork is often wrong.

Aaagh! Application to check credit files on-line led to painfully unintelligible and probably costly telecon with offshore call centre. Got to wait for a customer relations call within 48 hours so no sending letter to Lowell as soon as snowdrifts retreat! Better take some pills to reduce blood pressure ....

:madgrin:Don't stress over this Lowell are just another desperate debt collector, Keep Calm and pop a pill:lol:

• Confused 1

At last, the credit report (I have an aversion to contracting for 'free' services that require cancellation to avoid a future cost, so it was the £2 statutory report for me. Experian was effective although slow. The other credit reference agencies clearly would prefer to supply a free service than a paid for service).

Thank you for your excellent advice to apply for the credit report FIRST - a CIFAS entry shows me to have been the victim of impersonation; the use of my name and a previous address where I have not lived for over 5 years to obtain credit from ShopDirect some 5 months ago.

That, and some other items, mean I must now turn my attention to cleaning up the credit report.

Suggest this thread is now closed. Again, thank you.