thecookiemonster

Can I leave my job voluntarily and get JSA Need some urgent advice!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2458 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I started a job at the beginning of November, it's an ongoing temporary job that will never be permanent but it was an Admin job, I was assured by the agency that it was an Admin only job.

Its gradually turned into a Warehouse job where i'm walking around and bending down all night and spending a very limited time in the office.

I have health issues such as Asthma, Fibrolmyalgia, IBS and other issues, the Jobcentre knew when I was looking for work that I could not do physical work.

My back has been playing up for 6 months now and it's being made worse by this job, I am due to have an MRI scan on my back within the next 4-6 weeks, I have also had to have a Chest X-Ray today and got to have some other tests done too.

I got this job as someone I know works at the Agency but when they started throwing me in the Warehouse more and more in December I contacted the Agency who claimed that they were convinced it was purely an Admin position and blamed the actual company for this but I have continued to struggle through but I don't think I'm gonna last another month or two at the very most in here but worried if i leave i will be punished.

Please give me some advice.

Thank you.

First question that springs to mind is "Are you fit for work generally?" In other words, is it simply this particular job that is a problem and you'd be OK with something better suited?

Anyhow, the basic answer to your question is that each case is treated on its merits and looked at by a DWP Decision Maker. If you left your job you'd be asked to explain your reasons and the DM would look at it. I've seen JSA awarded in circumstances like these, but there's no way to tell you for sure what would happen.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi, Thank you for your reply, well I could do a sit down office job which is what this was supposed to have been,

Fair enough. I can't really say what would be best because I don't know how a DM would decide if you did apply for JSA. If health concerns seriously limit your options for work, it might be worth considering ESA. That's not straightforward either, though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This is only my opinion. If you has agreed in your JSAg that you couldn't do physical work and the job title was misleading, then you could have a just cause to quit.

If I was you, I'd write a letter to the agency explaining the circumstances and letting them know that you will consider an alternative job as long as it is office work. If they come back with nothing, you might have a solid reason to quit work.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

This is only my opinion. If you has agreed in your JSAg that you couldn't do physical work and the job title was misleading, then you could have a just cause to quit.

If I was you, I'd write a letter to the agency explaining the circumstances and letting them know that you will consider an alternative job as long as it is office work. If they come back with nothing, you might have a solid reason to quit work.

Thanks for your reply, im pretty certain that it was in my agreement because of my Asthma but my Fivromyalgia thing has only recently come to be known i mean ive also recently had a barium swallow test, chest x ray today, ive got to see a neurologist on Monday and have other tests and ive also been referred to a pain clinic.

The admin office is within a warehouse and when i was in the office it was ok but now km having to contend with constant dust and the walking around and bending all night isnt helping with my back and ive been having chest anf breathing issues recently hence my chest x ray today.

What you suggested is a good idea and something i thought about not too long ago and i think i will give that a shot because then at least ive tried alternative options.

Seems like good advice - DWP DMs will often want to know what a claimant did to resolve a situation before they quit work altogether.