DLA. Mobility

Sheffsix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wanting a bit of advice, I receive DLA care at lowest rate, but had been mentioned to me about the mobility part, as I have lower back problem for over 10 yrs,where now I'm unable to walk to far without been in pain/discomfort. And often use walking aid. In the past its been turned down.but that was years ago,I'm worried if to claim now. As ill have to do the atos assessment for the DLA lower care anyway which I'm stressed about, so what's the best way to go about applying ? Ps I'm on ESA assessment at present.

Thanks.

If you do apply, do it before April; as you'd still be able to apply for DLA up until then. If I was to reapply for mobility, (or care) I'd also fill in the other (care / mobility) section too; as they look at the whole award.

thanks, ill request an application form and go to c-a-b.

... many of us are stressed we will lose our mobility but we are forced to deal with what we have got.....

I found this, on another forum, to be an interesting quote. It seems to offer some hope with PIP. I haven't read the document as it's quite a big 'un ...

PIP assesment guidlelines for the assesments are out http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-assessment-guide.pdf

Reading it, there is a interesting example of someone who walks with a stick who can walk up to 100m. After 100m he needs to stop for a few hours. After that, he can only walk short steps of up to 20m. Under the descriptor, he is then classed as only being able to stand and walk no more then 20m, meaning he gets enhanced rate. This gives me a bit of hope that all is not lost regarding getting enhanced rate.

Actually, this might deserve a thread of it's own ...

Update on DLA mobility. Just spoken to someone at DLA they told me they will send a change of circumstance forms out ,but read a statement out to me which states they will look into the entire DLA allowance as well as the change of circumstances, I wonder if I could end up shooting my self in the foot,or is that what they want? I do think ill ask CAB for help with the forms.

Edited by Sheffsix
spelling

I'm the same. I'm on HRM & LRC and my care needs have got worse.

I daren't ask for a change of circumstances as i don't want to lose out altogether.

Origionally i was on HRM & MRC, then had a review and wasn't given anything even though nothing had changed. Eventually after asking for a reconsideration i got what im on now.

Plus, they might take their time when doing it until its time for PIP and then i'd be one of the first to try and transfer.