kitkat768

Will a default in my Credit card affect my house/mortgage?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2459 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All...Here's my story...

I have become jobless due to a my visa expiring. I am now in the process of applying for a new fiance visa and was advised by home office am not allowed to get any job. Since I cant get a job I have been using my credit card to live off (stupid but got no choice). My partner is not aware of this and dont want to add up to his own problems.

I have now £10k in credit card debt, all from Barclaycard. I have my bank account with them too. If I default on them and offer a final settlement or payment plan will they be able to do anything about my mortgage(mortgage is less than a year)?

what would be the best course of action? Im so tempted to just get it on default and wait for 6years(i know morally its wrong but these are banks we're talking about..:) ...)

I would appreciate any advice...thank you in advance.

if you do not have the right to live and work in this country how did you get a mortgage ?

what would be the best course of action? Im so tempted to just get it on default and wait for 6years(i know morally its wrong but these are banks we're talking about.

yes and they employ people .

if you think that if you get a default and waite 6 years as it will be gone then go to another website CAG does not condone avoiding debt or breaking the law.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Ive had the mortgage for 11months now. My work permit expired in Oct....

Ive always been a good payer, never had a default for the past 5 years its just this time I cant get a job coz of the work permit issue.

I am stressed that the minimum payment am paying to Bcard is just going towards the interest hence Im asking advise whats the best course of action...thank you.

If you own a beneficial interest in a property they creditor could get a CCJ the a charging order on the property the an order for sale, the amount is way over the Bankruptcy starting point of £750.00 so they would have that option.

Just getting the account defaulted will NOT make the debt go away.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier...

Is it worth sending them a letter to freeze interest for time being due to my current circumstances?

You can only try.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: