LKM1982

Laid off from work (Advice Needed Please)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2460 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I was laid off from work on the 7th January (That was the last day I worked). I previously received two days Guarantee Pay in November, and will be paid three days Guarantee Pay for January, which will be paid in February.

I am still laid off from work and have an appointment with the Job Centre tomorrow about receiving Jobseekers Allowance while I am laid off.

As far as I am aware, after 4 weeks continuous lay-off, I can apply for redundancy pay (Have been there two years and 8 months).

The question I wanted to ask was as follows: Last week, I took a weeks holiday instead of being laid off, due to the fact of no work available (Week commencing 14th January)

Will that week count towards the four weeks laid off, or will that stop the clock so to speak, and not count towards it?

Any help would be appreciated

LKM1982

Hello there.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you, please bear with us until they're able to get here. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum