• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

tesco won't remove Account/default even though A/C is over 6yrs old **RESOLVED**

BreadAndButter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:lol: Thanks ims .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, an update.

FOS called, said it was bad news. They sent me a secure letter online. Basically it said "Tesco have aproven they are not in breach of anything by showing the FOS a file at a previous address for the said amount. I have a credit account and owe an outstanding balance, moved house and so they could not update me. As i have taken 12 months to follow this up the FOS cannot help me further".

So, thats them out of the game. I want this removed,

I need to challenge it with them directly, it seems.

Should this be done via the usual "prove it via a credit agreement" method or Brigadier, your letter?

Can i request £1500 or will they laugh it off.. what is to be done when they ignore this letter?

Edited by Conniff
Link not relevent.

Yes the letter in post 10# applies.

I would avoid the learnmoney suggestion just looking through them a couple of this jumped out:

1 Requesting a copy of a ''deed of assignment'' this is a commecialy sensitive document not for

public scrutiny unless ordered by a court.

2 Default notices are not normally archived as hard copy, a note is made on the debtors file tha a DN

was sent on a spevific date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

better than it was... I literally had about 9+ defaults on my file after having the misfortune of being mis-sold a debt management solution when i was absolutely fine!

So, now, whats left, i have an old ccj from 2007, this Tesco issue drggaing its feet as a constant 'late payment 6+) and an £87 default from 3 i need to sort out.

Apart from that, building fine, got 3 credit cards and a car loab, all reporting positive feedback to my file.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you send your letter, headed as an Official Complaint ? If so, they have 8 weeks to resolve this. If you didn't send it as an OC, then I suggest you resend it to their Head/Registered office and make sure they are aware it is an official complaint.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Has it been 8 weeks ? If not, then you are going to have to give them exactly that amount of time. Although, you could send a chase letter..

Something along the lines of.

Dear Sir/Madam

On DATE - I sent a formal complaint. Whilst I appreciate that there will need to be an investigation into my complaint, to date, I have not received an acknowledgement or timeline.

I look forward to your early response.

yours etc..

BCOBS

Has it been 8 weeks ? If not, then you are going to have to give them exactly that amount of time. Although, you could send a chase letter..

Something along the lines of.

Dear Sir/Madam

On DATE - I sent a formal complaint. Whilst I appreciate that there will need to be an investigation into my complaint, to date, I have not received an acknowledgement or timeline.

I look forward to your early response.

yours etc..

Letter sent mid March from memory.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 months later...

Have you made a Subject Access request ?

You say in an earlier post that Tesco showed the FOS a file from a previous address - was this an address you lived at ?

Even so, it looks as though this debt is statute barred and they should no longer be reporting on it. Have you considered a complaint to the Information Commissioner ?

BCOBS

Ill consider anything CB.

I need to get rid of it but no-one interested in enforcing anything.

Im not even sure I know what the FOS found out, they just gave me a conclusion, stating Tesco have had a word with them and they believe I have a debt with them.... yet they havent passed me anything!

Not even a debt collectors letter to my new address so what the heck do I challange Every request for removal from my credit report gets a reply of "we checked with tesco, they believe its correct" yet any enquiry from me, gets no reply. Grrrr

I must admit, I am flummoxed by the response from the FOS. They cant simply say that Tesco "believe" they you have a debt with them, without providing any evidence. Especially in view of the fact they say they don't have a clue who you are ?

If you have a debt with them - then they should be able to provide SOMETHING !!

If this were me, I would be putting pressure on the ombudsman service to explain themselves, or at the very least to explain Tesco's reasoning and for the FOS to provide the evidence that they have provided to them and not you ?

BCOBS

Unfortunately, I am once again victim to time. Going through a divorce, I sent my first letter and second follow up letter with a year in between. All I Got from tesco through this time was "No idea, can YOU provide US with more information" My response being... er, you should know?

FOS said they had no obligation to assist due to such a long time in between correspondence, looked at all the evidence i had, my addresses Id lived at and so on, concluded i owe a debt and its up to me and tesco to do something about it, however they couldnt charge tesco with any wrong doing as such as they had information they believed to be correst which matche dmy addresses... that was it! No credit agreement or account numbers, just A debt record at my address ,so must be right?? I argued on the phone they wouldnt return my letters and the telephone system doesnt recognise me (Call center) so how could I proceed. "Unfortunately youve waited too long for me to help"

So, I return here to try my own fight... but im not getting anything out of them, if they dont respond.

I wonder if it would be worth starting the complaint from scratch ?

Tesco - 8 weeks

FOS, new complaint.

BCOBS

Sounds like a good plan :)

BCOBS

it might get you furthur going down this route then at the end of 8 weeks you can imform tesco's that you will be making a claim in court for damage's .they will then have to put up or shut up

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS