Any resolution with RLP at all?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading these boards for a few months now and wondered if someone could give me advice

. Has anyone had any sort of conclusion with RLP at all? And I don't mean by way of payment but by sending a denial letter and then ignoring? I'm over 12 months down the line and I still receive letters every 2-4 weeks from them. Back in 2011 I sent them the one line denial letter and then ignored. There have been no telephone conversations, no letter tennis. It's all one way from them. The letters do not concern me as I've consulted the CAB and a close friend who is a solicitor. Their advice is the same as everyone's on here. I just wonder if it will ever stop. Think of the rainforests being destroyed :-)

Thanks

Fadds

Hi.

Ill be interested to on this matter , as im in the early stages of there letter writing , it just is so unessasary I think that a so called company can act in such a manner.

As far as im concerned its harrassment be it letter form or calls to many many people.

It does cause me unnecessary stress and effects my health due to high levels of morphine im on its so unnecessary , I believe a law should be put in place for this type of practice.

Im unable to offer you advice but theres some great guys and girls on here who give great advice , but sometimes we just need peace of mind , I guess thats what your asking for .

That's right. There's lots of threads on here but none that have reached some sort of conclusion. Maybe they're all eating porridge. Who knows. (Unlikely). Or perhaps people feel there is no need to update as the letters have simply stopped and they've got on with their lives. (Very likely).

That's right. There's lots of threads on here but none that have reached some sort of conclusion. Maybe they're all eating porridge. Who knows. (Unlikely). Or perhaps people feel there is no need to update as the letters have simply stopped and they've got on with their lives. (Very likely).

Hi.

Very true its a shame the people dont at least update whats happened or even if they paid or not or a reduced sum , sort legal advice the list goes on .

Id be grateful if you or anyone can shed a bit of light on whats happened to people in your situation and at least the coarse they took be it with the advice or took it upon themselves to do whatever they took.

As ive explained im in the early stages and rightly sent a letter of denying any liabilty for which I sought advice on ,plus returned the sum promptly to the store , for the incorrect action by the cashier and sought advice from here too.

It would be very helpful for anyone whos has been through the process in any form or other to let us hear there stories , be it good or bad .

I hope some people may come forward to assist you and im sure many others.

Im clad you brought this up, have you read the oxford case regarding ~~~ ?

Hi Faddy150.

Found this written by Andy I hope he doesnt mind me using it but this gives us all heart .

This is what he wrote and rightly so just why oh why doesnt the company listen to the well respected judge , he even gave them and right telling off from what I can understand , but dont quote me on that my knowledge in such matters is slowly getting better just but well below par.

Quote taken from another thread , copied from Andy , whom I hope doesnt mind me using ? : :

On the very rare occasions that RLP have started court action, the first question asked is 'did the defendant actually steal something' ?. Normally there has been police involvement or admittance, thus overcoming this hurdle (it is worth noting though that people have received 'demands' from RLP where there has been neither of these.)

However admittance or police involvement is only the first hurdle, RLP (and the store) have failed to persuede a Judge that any further damages are payable, the Judge in Oxford was quite clear, and RLP would be wise to listen to him.

Andy

I hope this helps a bit !

To update my situation (I also have a thread on here) I received two letters about a fortnight apart, but mine were from Drydens, not RLP. This was in July last year and nothing since, hoping there wont be any more! Can't believe you have had so many letters Faddy.

Edited by stargazerlily

All this over an item priced under £4 and it was completely unintentional. No police involvement. Item was put back on shelf for sale before I got frogmarched out the store like I'd just tried to steal the crown jewels.

Hi stargazer. If RLP are involving DCA's or solicitors, then you must make complaints to the regulatory authorities.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Are all the letters of the same format or do they ramp up the heat a little with each new one? Write a desist letter if you wish saying that there is no loss to recover and that no contract exists that could force you to pay and that continued correspondence will result in a claim for harassment against them.