• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Paycheckcredit/toothfairy/ndr/mh

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone

I took out loan 400 pound from paycheckcredit which is MCO capital November 2011 i rolled over couple off times end up my job gone. I tried despite to contact them for repayment plan but they never accepted.So usual things was happen everyday lots of mail text phone call but i didnt answer and i sent their email address i want everything in writing.Still no reply by the time every months i paid their account 1 pound. My outstanding balance right now around 3000 K. The thing is last night when i checked my credit file i saw there is a default by Toothfairy and outstanding balance 2800 pound. Right now i am so confuse because i took out this loan from paychekcredit which is MCO capital.Does anyone know how come toothfairy defaulted my credit file and do they have relationship with MCO even they have got different licence.

Thanks in advance

Toothfairy are MCO. The same people operate both companies. They use different licences purely to evade the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just i receive following email from them can someone please advice what can i do next?

Thanks in advance

This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Pay Check Credit Loan debt.

This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 3010 by 25.01.2013.

In accordance with the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed to therein. Please ensure the amount of GBP 3010 is available by midnight tonight.

IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU HONOUR THIS AGREEMENT AND THE PAYMENT.

If there are insufficient funds in the account and/or the payment fails, your file may be fast tracked to Door Recovery Agents and failed payment fees of GBP10 per transaction applied.

If payment continues to be non- forthcoming, then the file will be passed to our Solicitors for review. This may lead to a County Court claim (or Sheriff Court claim if you are in Scotland) against you.

IF YOU DO NOT WISH FOR US TO TAKE THIS PAYMENT YOU NEED TO CONTACT US ON 0843 381 0843 IMMEDIATELY SO THAT YOU CAN ARRANGE FOR REPAYMENT, STOP YOU INCURRING FURTHER LATE PAYMENT FEES AND ESCALATING ACTION!

If you have any questions regarding this, or will be unable to pay contact customer services NOW!

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Hi braveheart. Ignore it. They will never take it to court. Especially with almost 3000 worth of fees.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Cheers renegadeimp. When was debt araound £600 i tried to setup a repayment plan with them but they would not accept it or any form of part payment on a regular basis. Until today i have only managed to pay £26 and i am continiously paying every month £1 which is allowed as long as i am paying something towards it. So you reckon to ignore it and they will never take me to court for the high interest charges? but if they take me to court is no problem for me because i think if a judge looked at the ludicrous amounts of interest then maybe it would be thrown out :) can you imagine only NDR this case desk to desk £200 i think they are all in the same offiice i presume so. Anyway thats for your reply to my thread...

If they took it to court and you submitted a defence, i guarantee they wouldnt turn up and theyd make excuses. The guy behind all these companies has tried it before. in one case he didnt turn up to court 4 times, and still kept threatening people. When his main company got shut down, he "promoted" his friends to be ceos of each company while he took his name offd. In effect he went into hiding.

• 2 weeks later...

Today i received another email from oft

Thank you for your further email dated 29 January 2013, updating us about the

problems you are still having with the traders.

We will take into account the further information you have helpfully given us as we

continue to monitor these traders fitness to hold a credit licence.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us about this matter.

Hi

That email you have received is just a standard reply from the OFT.

Having just checked the OFT Consumer Credit Licensing page, there is still no link between Toothfairy Finance (A.K.A Web Loan Processing Limited) and MCO capital.

Both licences are still showing as current although MCO shows as being under appeal to a First Tier Tribunal.

If you care to have a look at this post from last year, you may then wish to bury your head as I still can't understand it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?333895-ToothFairy-Paycheckcredit-Speedcredit&p=3915065&viewfull=1#post3915065

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

After i complained to OFT anf FOS ireceived followwing email what should i do know? Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

We are sorry to hear that you have a complaint about the service you have received. The company attempts to treat its customers fairly in all circumstances and we apologise if you believe the service you have received falls short of your expectations in any way.

Please accept this email as acknowledgment of your complaint. We have 8 weeks in which to try to come to an amicable agreement. If we are unable to come to resolve your complaint in that period, you will receive a Final Written Response. This will set out the company’s final position in respect of your complaint.

If you are unhappy with the Final Written Response and wish to appeal further you have the right to make a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must make sure you do this within six months of receiving the Final Written Response or you may lose your right to ask the Ombudsman to review your complaint.

The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123

You may also be interested to read their pamphlet, “Your complaint and the ombudsman” which can be found at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm

We hope that you find the information contained herein to be helpful and that we are able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.

I have reviewed your file in detail and can see that you took out a loan of £400 from Speed Credit on the 28th November 2011. The loan was on a 14-28 day term. Interest is charged at the rate of £72 every 14 days. A £10 missed payment fee is added every time a payment should be made and is not. As you did not pay back your loan in the contractual period or the subsequent grace period, as per the terms and conditions a third party debt collection agency was appointed. At this point a £350 fee became chargeable. To date, we have received £29. As a result your balance to date is £3224.

Under OFT Guidelines, we are only obligated to accept reasonable payment plan offers. We feel that £40pcm is a reasonable amount for a payment plan, unless you provide us with documentary evidence as to your financial hardship. Documentary evidence includes but is not limited to a P-45 form, pay stubs that show a reduction of salary, receipts of expenses, etc. Therefore, your offer cannot be accepted.

We are willing to accept £40pcm and close your file for total payments of £800, please confirm a date that you can begin making payments. We feel that this is more than reasonable considering the length of time since the loan was taken out.

I hope that has answered your inquiry, if not please let me know what it is that will resolve your issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

David Schwartz

Complaints Assistant

Web Loans Processing Limited

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

So basically they are admitting that they have loaded the debt with unenforceable and unlawful fee's. Thats nice of them.

Under OFT Guidelines, we are only obligated to accept reasonable payment plan offers

No, under OFT guidelines youa re obligated to accept a repayment plan based on the financial circumstances of the debtor. Not whatever arbitrary amount you deem fit.

Thanks prompt reply mate. The thing is i took out this loan speedcredit which is MCO capital but now 5-6 different company involved and this loan default on my credit file as a Totthfairy loan. Do i need to accept their offer and send my private information or so i cannot pay every months 40 pound it is impossible or shall i need reply this email?? I dont really what to do??

Thanks

MCO/Toothfairy/Webcheck loans/SPeedcredit/MDR etc are all the same company. They hide behind multiple names and licences to evade the law and regulation, but the OFT is on their backs. MCO have already been closed down and fined. They are in the appeal stage right now.

Which way should i go now? Shall i accept their offer 40 pound every months or do i need send my offer which i can pay 25 pound every month but at this point they want my paperworks income & ex. This is the law or i dont know really i dont know what to do as i am carer of my wife and i cannot work and i receive 58 pound every week thats all my income.Any advice would be greatfull.Thanks.

You state your offer and you stick to it. Dont let these idiots pressure you into anything else. If they try and force you, or make you pay charges, get a formal complaint into them and the OFT.

Thanks for your reply but also i wanted to ask if i need to copy the OFT in my reply to them regarding the amount that i can pay them monthly (ie £25) and not the £40 that they have stated also do i need to send them proof that i can only pay £25 monthly (as in my private personal papers)? to show my affordability to pay this? They said to me in their email that they need my income and expenditure papers to show my affordability to pay otherwise they cannot accept my offer and can they do this? I feel confused regarding them as i can pay the £25 monthly in my current financial situation but not the £40 they are asking, any more advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks again

you need to tell the OFT everything. in 12 weeks time, a ton of PDL's could be closed down due to the way they operate. The OFT needs every complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm wandering if anyone can be a huge help! I regrettably took out a loan of 400 pounds with speed credit, I owe them 501, as we know the site has been closed down, I believe they are linked to tooth fairy finance so I went to this site and clicked the pay now button only to find out it says my loan doesn't exist? I went back to speed credit and rang the number it gave which told me all loans had been passed onto northerndebtcollectors.com so I went to this site, clicked the pay now button, and that too said my loan doesn't exist? Can someone please tell me what's going on!? Thankyou.