Swift Advances How many of us are they??

pam56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is interesting reading concerning redress http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21272606 I could relate so much of this to the product we've all been imprisoned with.

309 Pam, I can only think people get nervous with sharing their email details but a suggestion to them is set up another email acc with a wacky name non identifiable. Always handy to have in these circumstances.

Hello,

I am happy to be contacting you as I feel alone in a terrible situation I am in between myself and Swift Advances/Loans.

I borrowed £6k in August 2007 to pay for a new heating system (I had not long bought a flat and within a month the heating system needed replaced, at £3k - I had just finished studying a degree full time and had no money, I borrowed extra £ to clear some debts and put a new bathroom suite into my new flat). I have been paying Swift £101 per month since then however have managed this account poorly and each month been charged £64 for a late payment. I have paid them £101 approx since the loan started, with some arrears building up.

Today - 5.5 years after taking out the original loan, they say I am due them £12.?K - this is unreal!!!!!! I have paid them so much and the debt has only risen. This is unjust surely???

Glad to be joining the group.

I had in Sep 2010 started a full time post-grad degree and this created more financial difficulty, that Swift have taken advantage of.

I am now paying them £150 per month - and that is just "INTEREST ONLY". I am still a student (not long now), but feel that this cannot be lawful. All the money I have paid them to date. They say I have a arrears of £1.8K, loan is £10K and I am only paying interest of £150 every month. Even though I have been paying this loan for several years.

Your views, much appreciated. I will not stand by this quietly.

can I direct those of you who are interested to this forum http://www.legalseagulls.info/forums/forum.php it is more active than here regarding Swift, and trust me some of the brains taking them on may suprise you infact one of the founders is actually a solicitor.

The website is legal beeagles(without the extra e) not legal seagulls.The link name gets changed when its uploaded to here for some reason.Just search for Swift advances Legal beeagles and you will find the correct site.

hi i am hoping someone can help us. we are trying to find a solicitor to fight us against swift. we borrowed £28,000 7 years ago and when i asked for figures yesterday they said we now owe £33,000 due to a missed/late payment 5 years ago ! how can this be legal and they say the loan is front loaded with interest which we never agreed too !!

hi thanks . there must be something that can be done??

Request a "Subject access request" from Swift, this should provide you with all the information they have on you regarding your account with them,Transaction records,charges etc.From this you should be able to see when payment was missed,this incurs a charge to which interest is added at the current rate right up untill your loan is repaid IN FULL,including all charges.This is how you have come to owe so much after paying them for years,this is also how they make there money! Submit a complaint with the OFT,allthough they can not help you regarding personal a complaint against a company they can record yours and many other who have complained about Swift for future reference/prosecution.Also file a complaint with the FOS of whom WILL investigate your complaint despite what some may tell you on here,Thats what they are there for and cheaper (free) than going to court.They will determine if you have been charged any unfair charges.Good luck,Theres many like you out there doing the same thing as you!

How many fighting Swift??????? I can advise that there is a lot ......................my estimation on information I have received 200 plus.

The link Pam56 referred to is this one I believe at least

http://www.google.info/forums/showthread.php?18501-Swift-Advances

Sparkie ( a once very active member of CAG).....is the one that knows more about Swift than anyone....but was severely restricted from posting on CAG .........which has been a big loss to CAG and all Swift customers who post on CAG

How many fighting Swift??????? I can advise that there is a lot ......................my estimation on information I have received 200 plus.

The link Pam56 referred to is this one I believe at least

http://www.google.info/forums/showthread.php?18501-Swift-Advances

Sparkie ( a once very active member of CAG).....is the one that knows more about Swift than anyone....but was severely restricted from posting on CAG .........which has been a big loss to CAG and all Swift customers who post on CAG

Only 200 fighting out of 25000? Must look into this.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Everybodyand I sincerely hope it is everybody reading this.

This website is brilliant at bringing us all together and supporting us but we need to organise ourselves to fight the Swifties, the despicable antics may my blood boilmad2.gif

My idea is this. We are all united in wanting to see this horrible lot get their comeuppance and to do this we need to form a group which will give us more power when dealing with officials/media etc. I thought we could first of all form smaller regional groups based on where we all live and then those smaller groups can merge into one large fighting force. You can still remain anon if you wish. Also a newsletter can be sent say once a month (I'd be happy to type it up and send it as a round robin) with all the latest news etc.

I have set up another email account called [email protected] (This is seperate from my private personal e-mail address) If you wish to do this too to preserve yur privacy etc that's fine.

The only problem I have is that we need to keep the Swifties from eavesdropping and getting our newsletter, plans etc so when I get your first e-mail I will send you details of how you can prove you are a genuine bona fida customer of Swifts and not one of their sneaky lowdown spies (and we know you're around!!) Once you are "verified" as genuine then e-mails can be sent freely etc. I will also prove my identity to you in return.

This will be a group where everybody's comments etc will be valued and anyone who wishes to co-ordinate their area are free to do so. (hee hee it'll be a bit like boy scouts...without the uniform of course!)

When the important things matter we will join together under one banner and we will fight them on the beaches etc!

At the moment my first goal is to get a large dossier to the Right Hon Greg Clark at the Treasury. I spoke to them yesterday and he is quite happy to look at this, again if there is a large group of us we may get it into parliament. Once verified please send your complaints/case etc to the email for me to include. The more info in the dossier the better.

So come on everyone it won't cost you anything, there won't be any money exchanged,.......and no arrears fees etc!!!! The only payment we will get is that we might just get to wipe the smile off those smug basstards and watch them putting the padlock on their gates for the last time.

whoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gif

Don't forget [email protected] (They won't like this one bit lol lol lol lol)

hi i am hoping someone can help us. we are trying to find a solicitor to fight us against swift. we borrowed £28,000 7 years ago and when i asked for figures yesterday they said we now owe £33,000 due to a missed/late payment 5 years ago ! how can this be legal and they say the loan is front loaded with interest which we never agreed too !!

We know exactly what you mean. We have never missed a payment and now only a fraction less than we did in 2005. We too are looking for a solicitor (North West area) who can help us take them to court. Its very difficult, but some bright young solicitor must be looking for a challenge!

Hello Everybodyand I sincerely hope it is everybody reading this.

This website is brilliant at bringing us all together and supporting us but we need to organise ourselves to fight the Swifties, the despicable antics may my blood boilmad2.gif

My idea is this. We are all united in wanting to see this horrible lot get their comeuppance and to do this we need to form a group which will give us more power when dealing with officials/media etc. I thought we could first of all form smaller regional groups based on where we all live and then those smaller groups can merge into one large fighting force. You can still remain anon if you wish. Also a newsletter can be sent say once a month (I'd be happy to type it up and send it as a round robin) with all the latest news etc.

I have set up another email account called [email protected] (This is seperate from my private personal e-mail address) If you wish to do this too to preserve yur privacy etc that's fine.

The only problem I have is that we need to keep the Swifties from eavesdropping and getting our newsletter, plans etc so when I get your first e-mail I will send you details of how you can prove you are a genuine bona fida customer of Swifts and not one of their sneaky lowdown spies (and we know you're around!!) Once you are "verified" as genuine then e-mails can be sent freely etc. I will also prove my identity to you in return.

This will be a group where everybody's comments etc will be valued and anyone who wishes to co-ordinate their area are free to do so. (hee hee it'll be a bit like boy scouts...without the uniform of course!)

When the important things matter we will join together under one banner and we will fight them on the beaches etc!

At the moment my first goal is to get a large dossier to the Right Hon Greg Clark at the Treasury. I spoke to them yesterday and he is quite happy to look at this, again if there is a large group of us we may get it into parliament. Once verified please send your complaints/case etc to the email for me to include. The more info in the dossier the better.

So come on everyone it won't cost you anything, there won't be any money exchanged,.......and no arrears fees etc!!!! The only payment we will get is that we might just get to wipe the smile off those smug basstards and watch them putting the padlock on their gates for the last time.

whoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gifcheer2.gifwhoo.gif

Don't forget [email protected] (They won't like this one bit lol lol lol lol)

Hi Pam

I emailed you the other day regarding joining the group. Did you received my enquiry?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Pam

I emailed you the other day regarding joining the group. Did you received my enquiry?

Hi, I very much doubt this will do any good, but I almost lost my home and and had a massive chunk of equity stolen by these bandits, so count me in!