Parking Eye Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I parked in a hotel car park on business at the Ramada, Glasgow Airport, for (so I am told) 1 hour 38 minutes. I parked in a disabled bay with disabled badge showing, although that wouldn't appear to be the issue. I was aware that there was a meter, but as I normally do, I assumed they didn't apply to the disabled!

Now having been asked for the princely sum of £100 (reduced to £60 if I cough up sooner) am I right in assuming that the normal ignore rules apply....this is private land etc and I should just ignore the letter for now and the what I assume to be follow up threats etc?

Thanks for reading

Frank

Absolutely correct. A thick skin is all you need!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi

Now as this Hotel is within the Airports premises you need to bear this in mind>

So please read this link Glasgow Airport Parking for Disabled People: www.glasgowairport.com/glasgow-airport-guide/special-assistance/parking-for-disabled-people

as it states:

Parking for disabled people

For security reasons, the blue badge (previously orange badge) scheme does not operate on the Glasgow Airport road system. Unattended cars will be towed away by the police and a fine must be paid in order to retrieve such vehicles.

Short Stay Car Park

Prices are displayed clearly at car parl entrances.

• Clearly signed blue badge parking is available in car parks 1, 2 and 3, where spaces are located as close to the terminal building as possible. In car park 2 spaces are available on all levels and Help Points are available on every level.
  • If you require assistance from the car park to the terminal building, this should be arranged in advance by phoning Omniserv on +44 (0)141 842 7700 or e-mail: [email protected]
  • If you wish to park in a blue badge space but take your badge away with you, you will need to show your badge to the car park operator. Please contact NCP through the Help Points or contact the customer services office on the ground floor of car park 2.
  • You must pay for car park tickets at the customer service kiosks or automatic payment machines before returning to your car. If you cannot reach the ticket/payment slot, press the help button.
  • The multi-storey car park has a general height limit of two metres (6'9")
  • If you need more information please call the information line on 0844 335 1000 (UK) or +44 (0)121 410 5105 (from outside the UK). Our telephone number for the hard of hearing is: +44 (0)121 410 5284.

Long Stay Car Park

There are blue/orange badge spaces in the Flightpath long stay car park. We advise you to contact the appropriate car park in advance to arrange suitable arrangements for transfer to the terminal building. For further information or pre-booking please call the information line on 0844 335 1000 (UK) or +44 (0)121 410 5105 (from outside the UK). Our telephone number for the hard of hearing is: +44 (0)121 410 5284.

Please also have a look at this link for Ramada Hotel Glasgow Airport: www.ramadaglasgowairport.com/about-ramada-glasgow-airport.html

as it states:

About Us

• Check in time – 14.00
  • Check out time – 12.00
  • Smoking Rooms - No
  • Access for all – YesGround floor reception
    Accessible & adapted bedrooms, a total of 6 specially adapted rooms
    3 designated disabled parking spaces
  • Parking for 150 vehicles (chargeable)
  • Dinner – 18.00-21:45 (7 Days a Week)
  • 24 hour room service – Yes
  • Breakfast -06.30-09.30 (Weekdays)
    07.30-10.30 (Saturday & Sunday)

Please note what I underlined above as it does actually state "Parking for 150 vehicles (chargeable)"

Others will be able to offer more advice on this for you so please be patient.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

For security reasons, the blue badge (previously orangelink3.gif badge) scheme does not operate on the Glasgow Airport road system. Unattended cars will be towed away by the police and a fine must be paid in order to retrieve such vehicles.

Regardless of the above, Road Traffic Orders only apply at Airports on perimiter roads and restricted areas, that is why Police and towing away of vehicles is mentioned in the above section. As for long and short term car parks including hotels etc they are not covered by the RTO and are only managed by Private Parking Companies.

In my view there is clearly an intention to mislead people in believing that an RTO operates in all areas wwhere this is not the case.

You can safely IGNORE Parking Eye and remember there is no owner liabilty of any description in Scotland and you are under no obligation to name the driver. Altenatively you can simpy write (Some people Do) and deny liability . In response Parking Eye will come back and quote Combined Parking Solutions V Stephen Thomas (The worst defended case of all time and nothing to worry about)

I hope this information is of assistance.

Thanks for the very informative answers. It gives another perspective to parking that isnt overstaying a supermarket car park which seems very common.

I cant see how the airport regs will come into play, for one the hotel is a distance from the main airport, and has a large (quiet) car park.

Would be interesting to see how parking eye will proceed, i expect a few letters on the way threatening all sorts, although they have no named individual, the car is a company car, (our company), and I wasn't aware that there was no obligation in Scotland to supply drivers details either!

For the time being I will ignore all letters and threats.