alasav

got £45k in 2005...still owe £48k now!! - Swift want House - HELP!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2455 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I just joined this site as was googling swift advances and came across this thread.

I desperately need some help and advice on how to deal with this company and to see if there is a way my dad's home can be saved.

My Dad took out a loan with this company in 2005 for £45,000 and although he made all payments in full and on time up until he was made redundant,

they are saying the balance owed is still £48,000!

Not only that,

but just before Christmas, my dad's local estate agent phoned him and told him that Swift had contacted them and told them to put his house on the market.

As if this isn't bad enough, my Dad suffers from severe depression and alcoholism since my mothers death in 2005

which has only worsened with the mounting pressure from Swift and he is now currently in rehab

where he has been since Boxing Day and wont be out until March.

He has been keeping this all to himself and I have only found out that all of this was happening when i went to visit him last week.

As he is in rehab, I am going to have to deal with this and I really do not know where to start.

I have told him not to worry, to leave it with me and I will try to sort it

but I am secretly worried sick about it as I dont know where to start.

Can someone please help?

Alasav

Firstly Swifts can't just tell an estate agent to put your dad's house on the market,

only a court can do that and I am presuming your Dad hasn't been to court.

Also because of your dad's problems he is classed as a "Vunerable person" .

Firstly you need to find out exactly how the £48,000in charges came about.

I suggest you write a letter and ask them for details of your Dad's accounts.

You may have to get permission from you dad so they can disclose it to a "third party".

When you get the SAR (Statutory Access Request) youll be in a better position to move forward.

There is a template letter on here in the libary.

I'll trawl thru things and I'll see what else I can find re vunerability

Pam

own thread created.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi Aasav Check out the CCCS ( Consumer Credit Counselling Service) service just launched for vunerable eople. Give them a call/email to see if they can help too

Pam

hi

first port of call

find EVERY piece of paper you can on it the more the better.

even if it looks like in means nowt KEEP IT!

next getan SAR off to swift ASAP to get their copy of what they hold.

then lets start the fight.

you now have you own thread

if you click right up the top

on the swift advances with the black > > either side

there are loads to read

i suggest you do as much as you can

get up to speed on this horrible lot.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ok thank you all so much for the quick replies. I will get Dad to write them a letter giving them permission to speak with me and I will get the SAR asap to start with.

Hi Alasav

I have just started a new email a/c called beattheswifties@yahoo.com (sorry to every body who tried to contact me thru @yahoo.co.uk). Trying to organise petitions, dossiers, media coverage etc and as a group we might get some more action. Also don't ring Swifties, or tell them what you're doing. Put Everything in writing if you must and always keep a copy of your mail. Also make sure that you send your SAR by recorded delivery.

Pam

PS Don't worry you can still be anon and I have a process which will weed out any Swifties who try to get info from me, taken some very valuable advice from a friend, former policeman!!