apocalypsedreams

Lloyds getting threatening...help me keep my nerve!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2458 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Lloyds15Jan2013redacted_zpsbdc2b44d.jpg

After corresponding with several different people and departments at Lloyds, they have sent this threat letter. I am not exactly sure what they mean by their "offer of help", I will ask them to clarify in a following letter.

The alleged debt is overdraft charges. When they introduced the £5/month fee for overdrafts I objected and they refunded some of the fees, but I haven't been using the account regularly and these fees meant that I went a little over the limit and got whacked with more, now upwards of £300 in a little over 3 months.. I disputed, they kept piling on the charges. I am self-employed, income is poor, but I do not receive any benefits. I am a mortgage holder with children but am not the registered keeper of any vehicle.

Is it right to reply to this letter? What questions might I ask? What should I expect next?

I am committed to resisting and I want to stay strong. I am familiar with the DCA responses, I know about SARs and BCOBS. Please, all of you, just keep me focused and confident! I have dealt with a DCA a number of years ago but that was literally regarding around £30. So this is my first big battle and I am feeling a bit of trepidation, as I am sure those of you who have more experience might well remember.

BCOBS

by far the best way.

LLoyds have already cough on this

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I expect they will pass it on to there in house solicitors SCM solicitors

I got a letter from there solicitors asking for more money threatening me with court

I wrote back as a complaint and told them it was all charges and interest was more than i was paying each month i have no option but to go bankrupt

I got a reply with a £50 cheque and charges refunded

then they carried on with there foolish ways complained again another £50 cheque account is closed now otherwise would complain to see if i could get any more out of them

put everything in writing don't bother with them on the phone

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thanks ihb, I told them a while ago to never contact me by phone. So far, they've complied. I have had a template letter from SCM , but told them to feck off.

I won't reproduce my letter to them here. So far, in bullet points, it says:

1/ I will pay any debt I lawfully owe

2/ Please clarify the so-called "offer of help"

3/ Lloyds has failed to provide any agreement I might have signed

4/ I have previously raised a dispute against charges yet charges and interest continued to be piled on despite my demand that it be frozen.

5/ I have written referencing The Office of Fair Trading Code of Guidance and BCOBS 5.1.1

6/ And I have (yet again) told them thay Lloyds actually owes me money in charges.

Any pointers?