manxmoo

Legal expenses insurance

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2457 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well my insurer has turned down my claim for cover for my forthcoming employment tribunal stating that I have less than a 51% chance of success. This is in contrast to previous assessments I've received!

Think this company that acts for lots of insurance companies ( been mentioned previously on this forum) and they have a way of 'wriggling out' to reduce their costs! They previously tried to tell me that I would have to use their firm of no win no fee solicitors. I believe this is now against the law!

Will a counsel you've chosen to represent you be willing to give a percentage chance of success? I suspect not !

Does anyone have experience of being turned down by this company?

If I should go on to win my case would I be able to claim against them?

Feel totally let down as been previously informed that I have a good case!

Very difficult to make a judgement when there's conflicting judgements!

I suspect these 'sharks' deliberately predict low chances of success!

Is there any way of challenging this decision?

Thanks

You can challenge it, yes.

You can request that counsel are instructed to provide an opinion. If it goes in your favour, the insurance company pay and should then indemnify you. If it goes against you, you will need to bear the cost. It should cost around £500 plus VAT.

Note though that if you are turned down by the insurers but win regardless, unfortunately you can't claim costs back.

Bear in mind, litigants no longer need to go through a solicitors for the services of a barrister. If you are reasonably capable of collating a bundle yourself and handling the correspondence involved, why not go to a barrister direct? These are the important guys. However, they will not want to touch any admin!

hi there manxmoo,

are you with Arc legal, if so yes have had extensive experience with them and can just say good luck!

1. With my employment case, it took three attempts/ submissions to finally get the underwrites to accept my case!

2. When my case finally was accepted, they pointed to a clause which I never saw beforehand stipulating that the agreed limits for employment cases is £1500.

3. This left me with little choice but to go with a no win no fee solicitor (bad choice) the sol was completely useless, negligent, incompetent.

4.the underwriters are now refusing to underwrite my employment appeal having lost my badly drafted case at the ET.

I would say, the underwriters are only going to offer you £1,500, please correct me if I am wrong. You may be better off, depending on the timelimits getting on with the case and putting your case together yourself.

More than happy to help if I can

All the best

BB

ps...heres the last thread I started on the Legal expenses people.....http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377230-Legal-expenses-insurance&p=4104834#post4104834

Edited by billybobynumeroduo