What happens after the Work Programme?

radiodaze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm 14 months into my Work Programme referral and I'm wondering what happens afterwards. I'm pretty sure I remember being told that the referral was for 24 months (Ixion). I'm a 54 year old male and I've had lots of interviews and been diligent about going into their offices a couple of times a week, work diary properly typed out and verifiable.

But now I'm nervous about what happens afterwards? Do I go on to a mandatory work scheme? Does anyone know? Any guidance greatly appreciated-

from what we can gather it will be the mandatory work scheme, where the pimps can farm you out to whoever.....its a sorry state of affairs that these socalled providers cannot help find you anything after all this time.....especially as we are constantly told that unemployment is going down!! yeah and there goes another flying elephant

What worries me is what if you don't take part in mandatory work scheme, could Jobcentre stop our Jobseekers if we fail to take part?

Absolutely..... however, in any avenue, you can focus on the Job Objective which Job Centre Plius defined within the Action Plan which they sent to the Work Programme Provider when you were assigned. And, for Mandatory Work Activity, any option must address the DWP Provider Guidance.

For example - MWA must be close to the Job Objective of the candidate, must not effectively replace the work which existing staff could do or staff who could be recruited from the free market, and the MWA must not exploit the unemployed.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-part-p.pdf

3.13 It is not necessary (although it’s desirable wherever possible) for the placement to be in the same sector or type of work as the customer’s job goal, as MWA is designed to help the customer develop disciplines associated with employment. Customers cannot choose their placements.

3.15 Placements must be additional to any existing or expected vacancies. You must ensure that employers are not taking advantage of MWA as a source of labour at the expense of employing workers in the open labour market.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
presentation

Nothing has formally been decided as yet. The idea behind Work Program was that everyone would either find work or move to an alternative beneft before the end of the 2 year contract with the providers.

Waiting for decisions to be made, contracts to be signed and guidance to be approved for formal decisions.