Scottish Power Advise

sbro6991
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a default placed on my credit file from Scottish Power back in 2011 that I am attempting to contest as I never remembered receiving a notice of. The balance was paid a month after it was applied. However, clearly, removing it entirely would be most beneficial.

Using the web as a resource, I recently sent a letter which included:

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against my name.

Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee,

PO Serial Number ####

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I have received a letter back from then (which included my PO) advising that my gas supply was not covered unter the consumer credit act and that if i wanted information on my account that I should make a DPA subject access request @ £10, which is fine. Despite saying this, included in the response was a copy of a letter I was sent detailing i was going to get a default, however I never received it.

However....my question is, does the default notice still have to follow a specific format? Is there anyway i can take this further?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve