sbro6991

Scottish Power Advise

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2460 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I had a default placed on my credit file from Scottish Power back in 2011 that I am attempting to contest as I never remembered receiving a notice of. The balance was paid a month after it was applied. However, clearly, removing it entirely would be most beneficial.

Using the web as a resource, I recently sent a letter which included:

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against my name.

Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee,

PO Serial Number ####

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I have received a letter back from then (which included my PO) advising that my gas supply was not covered unter the consumer credit act and that if i wanted information on my account that I should make a DPA subject access request @ £10, which is fine. Despite saying this, included in the response was a copy of a letter I was sent detailing i was going to get a default, however I never received it.

However....my question is, does the default notice still have to follow a specific format? Is there anyway i can take this further?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve