style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2464 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good afternoon

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm currently on a 2on 2off rota offshore and i do 13 trips a year. I Travel up to Aberdeen in my car and back home every trip and i recieve a 2nd class rail fair from my company.

I also pay for my own work clothes to wear under my overalls and use my own phone to phone my company.

The question is, am i entiled to claim any tax back as i have been doing this for over 4 years now?

Many Thanks

Hello there.

I'll move your thread to the employment forum and see if the guys there know about this type of reclaim. If not, it can be moved to the HMRC forum.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Your company pays your rail fare and provides overalls. You can claim for the laundering of the overalls if you pay for this yourself. As regards the phone calls, you say you call the company on your phone, if you mean you make a lot of business calls then ask for a phone to be provided, they are cheap enough so if you need one i cant see them refusing.

Becky im PAYE.

I was also wondering if i could claim milage back?

if you are choosing to drive instead of use the train ticket then no, you cannot claim mileage.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!