BankFodder BankFodder

Trampa

claiming from Santander/Genworth - Debenham's store card in 2001 - santy are being VERY obstructive

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2485 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Has anybody had any success with claiming from Santander/Genworth recently. I've been following this forum with interest for some time. My wife took out a Debenham's store card in 2001 that had an 'Account Cover' tick box on the application form that she was duped into ticking. Since March 2012 I've been pushed from pillar to post by Santander (previously GE Capital), the FLA, Genworth (otherwise known as Financial Insurance Company Ltd) and FOS.

The current situation is:

Santander say: 'you signed the application form with the tick on it' we didn't missell anything.

The FLA agreed with them

The FOS say: by rights, it's the underwriter (Genworth) that's liable

Genworth say: we didn't sell the policy .. it was Santander.

I seem to going round in circles. Has anybody had any success? If so, how did you get them to pay up ?

Has anybody had any success with claiming from Santander/Genworth recently. I've been following this forum with interest for some time. My wife took out a Debenham's store card in 2001 that had an 'Account Cover' tick box on the application form that she was duped into ticking. Since March 2012 I've been pushed from pillar to post by Santander (previously GE Capital), the FLA, Genworth (otherwise known as Financial Insurance Company Ltd) and FOS.

The current situation is:

Santander say: 'you signed the application form with the tick on it' we didn't missell anything.

The FLA agreed with them

I seem to going round in circles. Has anybody had any success? If so, how did you get them to pay up ?

Whilst not a direct answer to your question, have a look here too:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?323576-Santander-PPI-on-Debenhams-Store-Card&p=4096584#post4096584

Good Luck

Thanks to all. I just wrote another letter to fos asking them to give me some kind of feedback. Reading the other thread it looks like some people have had recent success. Maybe if I 'prod' hard enough something will happen.

Got a reply from fos on 12th Feb. They say they now have enough to 'setup' my case.

1st March: got letter from Genworth saying they are contacting the seller of the policy (that'll be Santander) and they'll get back to me within 2 weeks.

Sounds more hopeful.

Genworth (otherwise known as Financial Insurance Company Ltd) and FOS.

Hello Trampa, fingers crossed for you. Can I ask - How did you initiate things with Genworth? Did you write to FOS and they said try Genworth? Have gone through the Santander/FLA scenario too, without mention of underwriter or Genworth. Am looking for next stage:-)

Hi tedney, Yes, it was FOS that put me onto Genworth. I found that the FLA were a waste of space so I eventually went to FOS. Here's the timeline:

18th July 2012 Wrote to FOS complaining about Santander

9th Sep 2012 Sent a chasing letter to FOS requesting acknowledgement

17th Sep 2012 FOS wrote saying they had an unprecedented volume of cases but are working on it.

17th Oct 2012 FOS wrote saying that they couldn't pursue Santander but it might be possible to go after Genworth (the underwriter). FOS said that they had written to Genworth tyo complain.

24th Oct 2012 Genworth wrote saying they were not liable because they didn't sell the policy

16th Nov 2012 I raised a complaint against Genworth with the FOS

23rd Jan 2013 Wrote to FOS asking for a progress report

12th Feb 2013 FOS wroet saying they had enough to progress he case against Genworth

1st March 2013 Genworth wrote to say they are contacting Santander

The reason FOS couldn't go after Santander was because the PPI was taken out before 2005. Maybe your case is different.

I fought a couple of PPI cases using the FOS and I've found if you keep chasing them they will eventually respond and fight your corner.

Will update the thread as soon as I hear anything.

Trampa

• Confused 1

Result!

Just got a letter from Genworth offering £1400 compensation.

I'll look at the figures I have on what payments were made to the policy but it looks like I'll accept the offer.

Trampa.

:thumb:

Good stuff Trampa, lets hope the payments are near what you would have expected :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Well done Trampa :-D, and a belated thanks for the information:wink:. Still battling with santander at the moment, will escalate tomorrow! :madgrin:

Hi Trampa, I've had an offer (finally) from Genworth also. They've offered my premiums plus simple interest of 8%.

Is this the same as what they offered you... if you don't mind me asking!!

Regards, Sharon

my thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...96#post4190496

thread tidied

link left

dx

Thanks dx - much tidier!! Will not confuse again, sorry :-)