• Tweets

• They asked for summary judgement without hearing - which they didn’t get - a hearing was ordered , does that mean the court isn’t convinced on the face of it , enough to grant the judgment ?   i can write a witness statement - do I write a witness statement directly in response to the points they raise -  rather than when I defend the case as a whole which would me much longer and comprehensive witness Statement on all points    or do a long one here (application hearing)  , with covering skeleton argument sheet ?
    • I Ordered collection of a Dimplex heater for return to Amazon on October 2nd for October 3rd collection.  Now October 22nd and still waiting.  Despite emails to Hermes through 'Holly', when I received a one reply stating that the complaint was being investigated, two weeks ago, nothing has occurred.   I telephoned three times, only to be told that the parcel was going to be collected later that day.   I have paid for this collection and had to arrange with Parcel Force to collect, resulting in further postage cost.  Hermes invoice attached.  Payment went through my bank on October 5th. hermes-invoice-4865408.pdf
    • Thankyou so much for your reply.  After digging it appears it was a debt with 118 money for £2000 that was indeed mine from 2 years ago. so at least I can track the fact its mine.  Looking at the account it appears they took the interest off the loan and then sold it to another company.  The debt itself has been registered to an address before the one I was actually in. (lord knows how)  Heard nothing at all for 2 years then this default on the account that says azzurro associates (xxxxxx acc num etc).  I'm happy to pay it but because they have been using an address from 4 years ago I have no correspondence.  Really all I want to do is contact who the people collecting are and organise something.  It seems because I have not recieved correspondence I have now amassed over 3k instead 
    • And is there anything within the documents that states you are liable...whether you take up the offer or not ?
    • Thanks so much I will have a go. Really appreciate that. 
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Old people should 'hurry up and die'

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2824 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Finance Minister Taro Aso said Monday the elderly should be allowed to “hurry up and die” instead of costing the government money for life-prolonging medical care.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/aso-says-elderly-should-be-allowed-to-hurry-up-and-die

Aso, who also doubles as deputy prime minister, said during a meeting of the National Council on Social Security Reforms: “Heaven forbid if you are forced to live on when you want to die. You cannot sleep well when you think it’s all being paid for by the government.
The gentleman above is no spring chicken himself, he's 72. Should he give the good example himself?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

72, yes he should then set an example himself. sayonara :) but, no chance. he's in power so will be ok. not like 'his 'people' that should die when they can no longer contribute their well earned income that pays for his luxury living.

we complain about mp's expenses, accountability, etc, justifiably. but just look at some countries. n korea, and some african countries, for eg, the 'rulers' live a life of luxury yet 'their' 'people' suffer horrendous poverty etc. similar situ in other asian, and african, countries. if africa united for eg, and got rid of the outside influences, terrorists, etc, and corrupt/power hungry individuals, they could be such a wealthy & powerful continent. no wonder there are still outside influences! thatchers son excluded :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

What about the Liverpool Pathway used in this country so terminally ill patients can die with "Dignity". Watching my mother die on this caring course was beyond words. If it wasn't for the fact my sister is a nurse herself, and made certain that my mother was kept hydrated, it would have been even worse than it was. At least this bloke spoke out load what some of our caring leaders are thinking.

..... At least this bloke spoke out load what some of our caring leaders are thinking.

seems as if he was more concerned with gov't costs then the right to die. '“...... You cannot sleep well when you think it’s all being paid for by the government."

Edited by Ford

IMO

How old he define the elderly? Retired? over 60?

In East Glasgow it's over 30.

seems as if he was more concerned with gov't costs then the right to die. '“...... You cannot sleep well when you think it’s all being paid for by the government."

Oh I see. Pay into the system for 40 odd years, which you'd hope would support you in your old age. And this is how they repay you...

I think you have miss-read this, he isn't talking killing them off, just not forcing them to take drugs that keep them alive when they want to pass on.

“I don’t need that kind of care. I will die quickly,” he said adding he had left written instructions that his life is not artificially prolonged.

does seem a bit ambiguous. on one hand he's suggesting that he and others should not have to be laid up with tubes etc. but, on the other saying that his people should be worried about the gov't costs for someone being ill when 'old'. some people recover from being in 'tubes'. and should have every right to live, as to die, despite any 'costs'. depends on the circumstances. maybe just a bad choice of words?

Edited by Ford

IMO

I think it's clear what he says: he doesn't want the state to pay for treatments that can prolong old people's lives.

I personally don't believe in overmedicalization but some categories of old people need constant care and supply of medicines. If you cut this supply what basically happens is that they die.