• Tweets

• Hi Papat and welcome to CAG   Find one of my drafts on another thread and adapt it to say :-   I cancelled due to relocation to go to Uni and could not use the gym any more.   I now realise I should have given one month's notice and paid a final month's fee.   I'll pay this if you accept my  offer within 14 days but the offer will be withdrawn if you demand any more.   Put a draft here for checking first if you want.   Send the  letter to Harlands in Haywards Heath and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO
    • Name of the Claimant ?  Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1LI   Date of issue – 11th Nov 2019   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? The Claim is for the sum of £2722 arising from the Defendant's breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced Under no 4929421509954002 The Defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a Default Notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (EX BARCLAYCARD) Written notice of the assignment has been given. The Claimant claims 1.The sum of £2792 2. Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £2977  Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No    Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes, possibly more than once. This claim form has been sent not to my actual address but to a friend's house who lets me use their address for post. I had to do this as I had a lot of post go missing at my own address a few years ago. My address on Clear Score is different and my actual address. I don't know how they got this address.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I'd never heard of Hoist Finance before Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card bill   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? I genuinely don't know although according to Clear Score it was in 2010   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I don't know   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? It's on clear score both as Barclaycard and Hoist. The Barclaycard debt it £0 but the Hoist debt is £2792   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. I assume it's a debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I don't remember receiving a notice of assignment.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not that I remember   Why did you cease payments? I couldn't afford to pay the minimum and hoped that as the amount wasn't huge they might disappear   What was the date of your last payment? I think it was July 2014 but it might have been May 2015.     Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not to my knowledge but it was so long ago I have no idea what the debt is for or how much of it might have been late/missed payment charges.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No I did not I've never had a claim issued against me before. Due to my profession it is imperative that I do not get a County Court judgement against me.  Please help with what I should do.  Thank you all in advance.
    • @Jase1982   I have been trying to get up to to speed, and struggling   "Unite general secretary Len McCluskeytold the Guardian that Labour had to win over the party’s traditional working-class supporters with by promising to end free movement of workers - migrant Labour from Europe - after Brexit."   Labour declares a completely stark raving mad open door to anyone and everyone   Immigration was and still is THE big issue driving Brexit (but Corbyn is of course a Brexiter)   Corbyn promises a new Scot ref, then doesn't then hums and hars.     So what actually is happening?     Corbyn declares he's in it for all voters - but seems to mean he wants to ostracise most voters (biggest issue driving Brexit) and bring in new voters who might vote for him in gratitude despite not knowing who he is and probably not caring, and hopes some of them might be nurses.   Cluckskey wants to end (EU) free movement or workers? So where is he on the open door policy - (Theres apparently 40-60,000 none Turk ISIS looking for a new home ...)     I cant make any coherent sense of it whatsoever. Bonkers.   correction: Only sense I see is keeping everyone at each others throats to prevent them seeing the real problem - Corbyn and his quite small cabal of left wing loons ‌
    • OK, using the Norgan rule  payments of £100 per month towards the arrears would clear them in the remaining term of the mortgage, but only just - you would need to keep those payments up for 12 years without fail.  However the lender might not be too happy about waiting 12 years and may force your hand by applying for an eviction warrant in which case you'd have to get a hearing before a judge for them to decide.  £200 per month would halve the time it takes to clear arrears.  You have to decide what sum you can afford to maintain for a long period.
    • Hello and thanks for your answer. My car is the dark grey in the right lane, at the back of the first black one and in front of the other black one (that stopped right in the middle of the box and then moved to the left lane). It was my rear 2 wheels that stayed in the box, as I had to break suddenly. I said in my appeal that the traffic was freeflowing and it was only after I'd entered the box that something happened ahead, hence why I had to stop suddenly in order to avoid causing an accident. I think I won't be able to contest it on the law/highway code. Hence why I'm asking whether the issue of the recording/photos of the reg, is something I could use instead. I normally wouldn't bother contesting it but I've been driving on this road frequently for the last 20 years and this is the first time this has happened to me and it was genuinely because I had to break suddenly. If the traffic is stationary, I wait by the traffic lights *before* I enter the box. Do I have grounds to contest it on anything?
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2446 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all can someone give me a bit of advice as I've never done this before can I claim any sort of sickness benefit ? to cut a long story short I have been self employed for 17 yrs last year I damaged my shoulder at work I've had physiotherapy etc since the accident but this has made no difference I was told yesterday by a consultant that I now require an operation to correct the damage and will require to be off work for up to 6 months after the operation I believed I had insurance to cover however this may now not be the case ( policy wording changed apparently ) who would I contact for information on making a claim ? my ni payments are up to date , or do they not pay anything to self employed.?

Thanks

CB

Still Fighting 4 PPI claims getting there slowly :smile:

It's is dependant on what no contributions you have paid. You need to ago to amour local job centre and apply

For it

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I take it you have sick lines from doc

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If like me you paid Class 2 national insurance I very much doubt you'll get much if anything, I tried to sign on after being self-employed for years and did not get a jot !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks Idainfife Just checking as to what contributions I've paid and yes have got all docs from the DR

Hi Maroondevo52 ( long time no speak ) hope your now well ? that's exactly what I Thought as had very little positive feedback from job centres etc Just by chance a customer told me to contact our local county council for advise they have a dept to help you fill in claims forms etc they have been fantastic made everything simple and they also check that you've filled in the forms correctly before they send them off to the relevant departments so fingers crossed I will update when I get to know more

Cheers

CB

Good luck with that CB, let us know how you get on.

Well The County Council were very helpfull and checked the forms for me even suggested what I may be able to claim but it still is up to Dwp so I have been informed to day the amount I need to live on per week is £40.23 :-(

CB

Well The County Council were very helpfull and checked the forms for me even suggested what I may be able to claim but it still is up to Dwp so I have been informed to day the amount I need to live on per week is £40.23 :-(

CB

Is that what they are going to give you, I take it you don't eat much !!!

Lol its very sad but laughable at the same time how do they expect people to live ? Monday morning I will be on the phone again do you know a good recipe book for soil ???

Almost £5.75 per day, how are you supposed to live on that ?

Ask a student? :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Good Point :-)