Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • DX    I’m still processing and hear the advice and thanks for taking time to advise the best way forward from here.   Do you know if the Scotland debts are more likely to try for court (based on my situation of no improvement for 6 months at least, offering £1 for now and defaulting everything not already defaulted) or pretty much handled no different to E&W.   Especially with the SB being different does it make then tougher on the debtor is what I mean.   I’ve heard they have a sheriff here.    BT   Thanks for the pointers on the road ahead, it’s reassuring to hear you’ve recently been there, I’ll definitely keep reading up and will hang around CAG.   Hope your journey is going well for you, you sound confident with the way it’s going. Definitely a relief.   Been going round in circles, doing my head in the last weeks with a plan of action I’d made, then realised it was slowly going wrong.   Yea, I forgot to say, I’ve seen my credit file, it’s very poor, with missed payments, no defaults.   Really appreciate your help.   A big thank you to you all.   SF  
    • Hi Again,   I had a dig around some other threads and some info that could be useful before proceeding:   What is the default date on your credit file? Do you have written evidence proving that you informed SLC of your new address abroad?   You can send a SAR to SLC - this will tell you when the last payment was amongst other things You can contact Northampton bulk and ask for a copy of the particulars of claim AND the CCJ judgement by email pdf   I believe the above will be useful to know before proceeding to request set aside
    • Thanks for the reply.   I will have a look at the VOSA complaint route as I haven't done that.   When I spoke to the DVSA, I asked them whether a letter from the g garage confirming the error would help and they said no. The only thing that DVSA can accept is a document ( Service stamp with correct mileage) or documents from garage with correct mileage). They were very clear on that.   The garage say they have no files on my vehicle. I could go down that route of SAR but they are not going to come up with anything. The garage already checked their computer system and it just had a copy of my MOT invoice and service both showing the wrong mileage.  
    • Hello Apple, welcome to CAG.   Someone knowledgeable will be along shortly to assist you, it is the weekend and so replies can take a little longer.   In the meantime, continue your research here on CAG - you may stumble upon the answer   Good luck getting this sorted   BT
    • They haven't changed the T&C of your booking. You booked for 3 nights and that's what you've got.    Because the festival, after you had booked, added an extra night to its programme the camp site decided to make an extra night of camping available and offered it to you free as an existing customer. You are unable to take up the extra night. I don't see how they can be liable to you because you have commitments elsewhere that prevent you taking up the offer of an extra night. The offer is there but you've chosen not to accept it.    It's no different in principle to a supermarket 4 for the price of 3 offer. If you only buy 3 Tesco won't reduce the price.   So no I don't think you have any grounds for complaint or action against the camp site operator. They haven't breached their contract with you and they aren't responsible for the festival organiser extending the festival after you had booked.
  • Our picks

Help with overdue wonga debt and loss of job?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hello there,


I have been just over £500 in debt with Wonga, and I'm about a month in arrears. I wasn't able to pay them back because I had to leave my job and home due to depression and move from Carlisle to Leeds to live with my parents. So I am now on Job Seeker's Allowance.


Wonga have stopped interest on my account, and did so when I emailed them really early when I lost my job. I have been trying to email them constantly to arrange a payment plan, unfortunately I can only afford around £20 a month due to a lot of other debts. It's taken them about a month to email back, after lots of emails sent from me, and they just sent a generic email linking me to the Financial Assessment form, which I filled out but they declined my offer of £20 a month and said they can only accept a minimum monthly payment of around £113. Which is way out of what I can afford.


I've heard bad things from ringing Payday Loan companies and emailing them has been so slow. Does anybody have any help on what I can do? I need to get this debt sorted, I have organised payment plans for all of my other debt creditors except one other (Three) and I do not want to become subject to depression again.


Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They dont tell you what you can afford, you tell them or drop it to £1 a month. No negotiation. If they dont like it, then we can help you further.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never call them. Keep everything in writing so you have a full paper trail. Send any letters either by email, or by royal mail recorded delivery.


If they try to ring you, simply dont answer any questions and overtalk them saying " everything in writing please" and hang up.


Remember, its your phone line, your life. They cannot force you to do anything. YOU are in control over repayments. NOT THEM.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...