reflex50

My Son pulled for No Insurance

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2418 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My Son was pulled by the Police on 7/01/13 for driving with no insurance.

He was unaware of the fact because we pay the premiums, or unfortunately not in this case, as the payment was bounced by our bank for insufficient funds and the insurer cancelled the policy.

Is there any mitigation or precedent that can be used in his defence?

Advice / comments will be very usefull at this stage.

I've moved your thread to the Motoring forum where the guys will be happy to help as soon as they are available.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

lucky the car was not impounded

when did the premium fail

i assume you've resolved the issue now PDQ?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I was under teh impression that the insurer had to notify you prior to the cancellation so he may be able to claim mitigation circumstances.

As what Crem says... they wouldn't cancel the policy just like that. Also, if the police found the car/driver to be un-insured, they almost always seize the car.

No insurance is a strict liability offence, you either have cover or you don't. Hi only 'mitigation' would be if his insurers have cocked up in some way. But he would need them to confirm that.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

no insurance that means the car should of been taken as not insured to be on a public road.

he was stoped on the 7th Jan when was the DD due from the bank.

i don't think there is a way out as it is your responsability to make sire sufficent funds are in the bank.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

no insurance that means the car should of been taken as not insured to be on a public road.

If it can be confirmed at the time another driver has insurance covering the vehicle then the police - round here anyway - will allow the car to remain parked up until collected. His son may have simply been behind the wheel when pulled.

If it can be confirmed at the time another driver has insurance covering the vehicle then the police - round here anyway - will allow the car to remain parked up until collected. His son may have simply been behind the wheel when pulled.

ar yes then it would be an uninsured driver and not an uninsured vechiel they fail to state why the son was stopped if it was by the ANPR Camera it would have flagged up uninsured car as it would not know who was driving and therefore the car had no insurance on it

Good afternoon. I was driving around for 11 days uninsured (unbeknown to me) in September due to a policy mix up with Hastings automatic renewal/revised premium after a discount. After a protracted complaint they wrote to me confirming that had I been stopped by the police for not having insurance then Hastings would still have covered me as I had the renewal letter from them stating that my policy would automatically renew when it said it would and they would provide evidence to that effect to the police/court if needed as it was their fault the policy did not get renewed on time.

I was driving around for 11 days uninsured (unbeknown to me) in September due to a policy mix up with Hastings automatic renewal/revised premium after a discount. After a protracted complaint they wrote to me confirming that had I been stopped by the police for not having insurance then Hastings would still have covered me as I had the renewal letter from them stating that my policy would automatically renew when it said it would and they would provide evidence to that effect to the police/court if needed as it was their fault the policy did not get renewed on time.

and this helps how

In order to validly cancel, insurer should have written to policyholder - contact insurer to find out what they did.

If insurer has not done something correctly as anubis points out, a complaint can result in a letter of indemnity.

In your case, your son was misled into believing he was insured, by you. He remains guilty of no insurance BUT if he is able to persuade the court he was misled by a third party, this could amount to "special reasons" not to impose the penalty points. Court would probably want to hear evidence from you and him. This could place YOU at risk of causing and permitting him to drive without insurance (also 6PP and a fine). If you wish to pursue this Iould suggest you cotact a solicitor. He may qualify for legal aid or a solicitor may be willing to quote for a "fixed fee"

Surely your bank would of informed you that payment had not been sent due to insufficient funds, you would of been charged a fee from your bank. Did you check with the bank that payment has been resumed once there was enough funds in there to cover the insurance costs.