Does civil recovery appear on enhanced CRB checks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i

specifically want to know is that

if you get a civil recovery fine from a store (for suspicion of shoplifthing)

does it appear on an ENHANCED CRB check.

No other fines were given.

Al that happened was i was banned from the store for a year and the cicil recoevry was given to me.

I want to apply for jobs; and also to uni as i want to be a doctor, so i would need an enhanced CRB Check

Thanks

no it wont

WHY on earth did you pay them

its a spoof!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i've moved your thread to the RLP forum

have a good read

you'll kick yourself for paying

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh and its NOT A FINE

its a SPECULATIVE INVOICE

same as the sham private parking tickets

dx

and they

oh thanks sorry for the late reply, i haven't paid them yet, i only just got it, but i think i will just to get it out of the way. i just really want to forget about it! i really did intend to pay for the item, but my little sister was crying for food so i forgot. But even when i would have eventually realised i hadn't paid for the item, i would have gone back to pay for it. Also my relative was caught with me, will she have to pay another civil recovery fine (RPL) or will we both pay the same fine?

IT IS NOT A FINE !!!

If you pay it then you will merely be funding this lot to harass others.

Why do you want to pay them when ALL of the advice on here and other places is NOT to do so?

please read this forum go up the top and click the brown forum name

to the left of your thread title

dx

and they

Ok, but it wont affect me applying for jobs (perhaps in other retail companies, obviously not this one) and i can still apply to uni, by ticking the no crminal records box , right, whether i pay them or not? Sorry i need to be certain. This is so important to me

as for the police...

doesn't matter if they did do anything

even court or fine or FPN

RLP is STILL NOT THE LAW

they CANNOT FINE YOU ANYTHING.

you'll get a few red scary letters from a DCA

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS either

so ignore those too

dx

and they

Nothing has happened apart from an invitation to pay from RLP.

Ignore them and get on with your life.

Have you done the reading around that dx suggested?

If not I would suggest you do so and you will find out what this lot are about....all hot air, puff and nonsense.

but the letter said RPL have a database and can pass data onto the police?

I think a formal complaint needs to be going in about that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

NOTHING rlp says is true. Not one single bit.

Rlp are (as dx rightly said ) spoofing you. They have no basis for any claim at all and exist solely on uneducated people giving them money purely because they are threatening you.

Just ignore them. They'll send you a couple more letters purely to scare you into paying, but keep ignoring them and in a few weeks theyll go away.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

please tell me is this bit true and what would i say to them?[/Quote]

No it isn't true - RLP have a sister company which stores information about 'wrongdoers' and some companies pay a fee to access that information when vetting prospective employees. The police are quite capable of maintaining their own database - it is that which counts, not a money-making enterprise run by a quasi-judicial commercial operation such as RLP.

Never come across anybody who uses the RLP database, nor anybody whose job prospects have been affected by a prospective employer using the database.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

ok i'll do that but out of interest for the minority of people that have paid them in the past, is the outcome the same, i mean is it like saying you accept that you're guilty?

It makes no difference whether you are guilty or not (and the Police - and a Court where necessary - who are the correct authority where matters relating to crime or suspected crime, decided that this was not a case of theft, but an oversight whilst distracted) - any payment to RLP serves no purpose other than to give the retailer a few quid, and RLP a lot more. RLP cannot determine guilt - they are a business, which exists in order to generate revenue!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 7 months later...
No it isn't true - RLP have a sister company which stores information about 'wrongdoers' and some companies pay a fee to access that information when vetting prospective employees. The police are quite capable of maintaining their own database - it is that which counts, not a money-making enterprise run by a quasi-judicial commercial operation such as RLP.

Never come across anybody who uses the RLP database, nor anybody whose job prospects have been affected by a prospective employer using the database.

Mainly retailers use the RLP database, and so may their contractors such as IT companies.So if you're not working for a retailer or for a retailer contractor, you're a bit better off.

However, you say "The police are quite capable of maintaining their own database - it is that which counts, not a money-making enterprise run by a quasi-judicial commercial operation such as RLP."

Have you seen the ICO registration of the "money-making enterprise run by a quasi-judicial commercial operation" known as the "association of chief police officers". It's very illuminating...

Maybe i should also add that the police were called, but they beleived me, so they did not give me any fines or press any charges, so it should be ok right?

No. There are 5 million data records of this non-crime stuff, and they get disclosed as criminal records on enhanced CRB checks. Generally doesn't get stepped down because only crimes get stepped down. The Supreme Court and Court of Appeal and the ICO since 2004 and even senior police since 2007 keep saying that they're not crimes and they it's illegal to process them (including disclosing them). In the words of the Courts, they do not "impugn character" and "will not" appear on "criminal records". Nobody's listening.

The reason the police enter such non-crimes, as "cleared up crimes", into databases USED to be mainly for performance and pay purposes - "harmlessly" cooking the books for money, just like hospitals, though many honourable Chief Constables refused to cook the books that way. Now since 2010 when even the government (Labour I think) realised that such performance pay is lunatic and discontinued it, it's continued probably just for intel. Trouble is, this criminal activity is in fact not victimless: because of enhanced disclosures. And too many people upward of the officers have a financial interest in keeping it that way. As a result the Home Office instructs the police to enter it anyway as so-called "non sanction detections".

Interestingly, by order of the Home Offiice many Youth Restorative Disposals are recorded in the same category as cleared up indictable-only offences (ie Crown Court stuff) - despite the police's own expressed wishes not to criminalise young people that way.