Aridion

UK bank debt while living in Vietnam

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2458 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a debt of £6,000 with Natwest. I am currently living in Vietnam. However, I have just landed a new job and the company want me to open a bank account with either of these 3 banks: Standard Chartered, HSBC or ANZ.

Firstly, can Uk bank collect my debt in Vietnam? Or is there no credit agreement between the 2 countries.

Secondly, will my UK Natwest be able to find me if I open an account with any of the 3 banks above?

Regards,

and Thanks.

Firstly, can Uk bank collect my debt in Vietnam? Or is there no credit agreement between the 2 countries.
They could try but they'd fail miserably. ;)

Secondly, will my UK Natwest be able to find me if I open an account with any of the 3 banks above?
No.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thread moved to the Overseas Forum.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the response.

Do British banks not have some sort of agreement? e.g. Wouldn't HSBC ask me about accounts in the UK. Does their customers remain secret and not accessible to other banks?

They can't export private information to countries like Vietnam because of the Data Protection Act.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

However, my HSBC bank will be in Vietnam.My Natwest in England.

Natwest don't have any links with HSBC they are two separate banking groups.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]