Mackenzie Hall in trouble....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

22 January 2013

Paul Mackenzie, the former chief executive of debt collection agency Mackenzie Hall, is being taken to court by the company that acquired his former business.

US-based Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRA) purchased Scottish firm Mackenzie Hall for a reported £33.5m in January 2012, marking its entrance into the UK market.

Mackenzie, of Strathaven in Lanarkshire, entered a long-term employment agreement with PRA but he subsequently left his position at the company in July last year.

Law firm Shepherd and Wedderburn, which is acting on behalf of PRA, has served Mackenzie with a summons, which was returned to the Court of Session in Edinburgh on 15 January.

There is an action by way of a petition in the name MacKenzie Hall Holdings for orders under section one of the Administration of Justice Act.

Under this section, the court has the power to bring individuals before it who may have information in already issued civil proceedings.

A hearing date has not yet been confirmed.

Mackenzie Hall, which is based in Kilmarnock, provides outsourced and contingent debt recovery on behalf of banks, credit providers and debt purchasers, as well as distressed and dormant niche portfolio purchasing. It employs around 170 people.

More to follow.

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article/14761/online-news/debt-buyer-serves-mack-hall-founder-with-court-order

Edited by citizenB

Does not surprise me. Do Mucky Hall actually make any profit ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What goes around comes around :-D

Would love to know the details of the petition !!!!

I could guess, going by info that is online.

Paul Mackenzies personal partner (who was a client relationship manager at MH) set up a new debt collection business during 2012, with the previous compliance manager at MH Rob Sands. Rob left that company in Oct 2012, 8 months of setting it up and started a new job with a company in Leeds

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/blue-knights-member-who-tried-1545983

Not saying any of this is connected and to comment would be subjudacy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Especially when people start googling this lot and coming to CAG - and discovering they have far more rights than this shabby firm tell you.

I will never forget telling one of their senior people that I get more sense talking to my puppets than talking to them when they chased me for a non-debt. Said debt had already been thrown out of court and they were threatening court - so I cross referenced it with the old case and they ended up running away.

Lack of up front management and failure of communication between management and staff often in my dealings with MH frontline staff had not been made awre of decisions made from above and continued the barrage of threatograms which lead to a mass of complaints a company cannot be successful in any field when this happens.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: