style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2456 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As a newby not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. I am about to move out of my rented flat and I have to have a property inspection. Not a problem with that except that the lettings agent wants to charge me £35 for the inspection! There is nothing in his T&Cs about a charge for this, but as he is holding a £500 deposit, if he decides to take it out of that there isn't much I can do about it. Does anyone know if he can legally just take this money without my consent.

Hi Jimbo and a warm welcome to CAG

I will move your thread to the correct forum for a more expert response.

Residential lettings.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would of thought that its not payable unless the T&C's say so, ask him why he thinks its payable.

Hi

As their is nothing in the Terms & Condition about this extra charge I would as the Letting Agent to Clarify the charge under which T&C and I would also ask the Landlord as the agent is acting on behalf of the Landlord and does the Landlord know of this charge.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for your replies. I have spoken to the landlord and he said the same as you, unless it is in the tenancy agreement don't pay it.