Give it a rest Barclay card lol

lee786
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some time ago I had a account with Barclay card defaulted on it they never really

harassed me about it in fact I went months no letters from them

I did ask for a true copy credit agreement got sent a blank made up one and argued with them for a bit and they just stopped replying even the CAB couldn't get a reply from them when they requested the agreement.

last year I got a notice of assignment the debt was passed on the Lowell, Barclays marked the defaulted account as satisfied on my credit record and Lowell took over marking my credit file

defaulted they do every month to this day

I requested the true credit agreement from Lowells from then on.

June last year Lowell closed my file telling my they couldn't find the credit agreement as it had been so long. :violin:

Today I gets a letter from Barclay card with yet another blank made up credit agreement

demanding payment

What the F LOL

CAG helped me beat my Lowells 2 debts :D:p

then I beat co-op costing them court fees :D:roll:

How brilliant are they???

Send a copy of the Lowell letter to Barclays.

Thank them for supplying a badly made up and non compliant ''reconstituted'' agreement which is unacceptable, and the account is disputed, and you do not accept or acknowledge any liability for the allged debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

How brilliant are they???

Send a copy of the Lowell letter to Barclays.

Thank them for supplying a badly made up and non compliant ''reconstituted'' agreement which is unacceptable, and the account is disputed, and you do not accept or acknowledge any liability for the allged debt.

But the thing is why should I send them anything surely its nothing to do with them anymore?

But the thing is why should I send them anything surely its nothing to do with them anymore?

Lowell have returned the account to BC.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

ahh

but lowells are still marking my credit file ........noodle is meant to update my credit file today so i will be able to see last months when it does

It takes a while for updates to get through.

funny they say this is a reconstructed copy of the terms and conditions

however the interest rates and fees may differ from yours LOL

then its not my terms and conditions is it lol

The Ts & Cs MUST be exactly the same as at the start of the agreement and then any amendments and the Ts & Cs at the close of the account nothing else is acceptable.

If Lowell have returned in to BC, then another notice of assignment is required. Did you get one? Doubt it somehow.

Moot point there DB it's Barclaycards account??

Not if it was sold to Lowell. An account is a ‘chose’, an item that can be traded, but ownership rights must be transferred in line with the Law of Property Act 1925. If Lowell want to give it back, even for nothing, there needs to be another assignment. It’s the law!

I thought they would have to give the notice of assignment, it don't make any sense they they haven't

Lowell last marked the default in Dec so I can only assume they hold the account.

The only real way to find out is to contact Lowell and ask but why should I? its down to them to follow procedure not for me to chase them.

right this annoyed me

I just rang Lowell they confirmed they still hold the account the guy did say they wouldnt send another notice of assignment if it went back to barclaycard

but from what he can see the account is ol hold and Barclays haven't responded to Lowells requests at all.

I would complain to Barclays this should not be persude by both companys.

right this annoyed me

I just rang Lowell they confirmed they still hold the account the guy did say they wouldnt send another notice of assignment if it went back to barclaycard

Which would be a bit of an error from Barclaycard’s point of view. But a problem that can be overcome by simply sending one.

but from what he can see the account is ol hold and Barclays haven't responded to Lowells requests at all.

Did you ask why you received a demand direct from Barclaycard? Or why the account seems to be active when you were told categorically it was closed?

Better still, keep it in writing (unless you can record your telecons).

I only really contacted them to find out who holds this account Lowells say they do. ( anything else will be via royalmail)

I remember a rep last year saying they bought the account this is why I couldn't understand why barclays is making demands.

from barclays?

it just says

They refer to my request for information (that I last made to them over a year ago and almost a year ago to lowell)

then the standard dribble about the credit act 1978

and they go on to say they have enclosed a reconstructed copy of the terms that my differ from the original

then the balance and that its due in full

then its ended with

"This completes out obligations under section 78 of the Act"

Carolyn Peacock

The Ts & Cs Cannot be different they must be EXACTLY as the originals + any changes or up dates during the life of the agreement and the Ts & Cs at the close of the account, nothing else complies.

OK, that’s a standard letter that Barclaycard often send out in error when an account has already been sold on. Seen it loads of times – just a muddled response to your CCA request. You can ignore the bit about being due in full. It hasn’t been sent back to Barclaycard.

Next step is establishing if the CCA response is actually compliant, and finding out why lowell have reactivated an account they stated was closed. So would be useful to see the app form and the T&Cs sent, plus variations. The devil is in the detail.

They haven't reactivated it.

They said its been closed due to not being able to provide the credit agreement.

Think I will just ignore them you know...