Nystagmite

ESA Changes January 28th 2013

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2452 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

http://labourlist.org/2013/01/esasos-the-government-are-sneaking-through-major-changes-to-how-disabled-people-are-assessed/

:mad2:

So, we now have imaginary guide dogs. Now, I do not know the process of getting a guide dog or how easy it is to obtain one. But is it reasonable for them to assume you can use a guide dog? Bearing in mind there are checks they have to do; such as if you've got other pets. (you can have a guide dog if you've got other pets; but it depends how the animals are together) And then there's the training you have to do. Some people may have medical conditions which make using a guide dog unsuitable.

If you're just mentally impaired, you can't use physical descriptors and vice versa. Where does this leave people with things like Autism? It's developmental and many of us are affected physically and mentally.

reading the article it unfortunately leaves people like yourself, exactly where the govt wants you to be, unsupported, no money, no income, no job, no hope, no life, but hey, at least us 'benefit scrounging sc{}m' are being 'put in our place' where the 'strivers' no longer have to pay through the nose in order to keep us in the manner to which we have become accustomed..

I guess I'm "lucky" that where I'm physically and mentally impaired, I can still score points for both.

A friend of mine claims that because of these rules, I won't be able to use all my physical disabilities too? Yet, there's no evidence at all for what caused my disabilities.