uk suicide rates rise significantly

debt4get
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

David Cameron and his rich tory cronies have blood on their hands!

To be fair why do you think this as the report relates to 2011 before the welfare reform program became open knowledge. It seems many people will blame the government for anything before even looking at the facts of the issue in question. I may not agree with Tory policies but one has to look objectively at headlines like this and no where in the article is it mentioned that suicides increased due to the Tory government policies.

you are quite correct surfer, however, further in the article many suicides were attributed to rising unemployment, lack of support, all of which has increased under this govt...so in theory expect these figures to rise, not slow down...

Yes this government has made life very difficult for sick and poor.

People with problems see the only way out is to take their own life, which is wrong. There is light at the end of the tunnel, always ask for help.

I am very angry with this government because I voted for them, all they are doing is dividing the community and picking on weak and vulnerable, but they are forgetting that we all have to go one day and illness can strike anyone at any time.

Any government with a set up like atos is definitely one with blood on their hands, its their choice to keep atos, and the lies and bull shish put on so called medical assessment forms and dm choice to believe it, has a massive bearing on the life of a person who is ill and being treated like a liar and a thief, taking benefits they are not entitled to, when actually they are, the liars are atos, and the dwp are as bad as they know full well what is going on. The government keep this system in place and allow all of this to continue.

Although I am far from a Tory supporter you have to remember than in economics there is quite a lag time between cause and effect so many of the problems we are seeing today were caused by the policies of the last government. Having said that I do not think this government is doing anything to help at all.

IMHO one of the biggest reasons could very well be the change in mental health provision on the NHS. This has been outsourced so it has now become all about ticking boxes and hitting targets. I was entitled to 6 free sessions with MIND and after that I have to pay for it . Even on benefits you have to pay for it. I also had to wait 2 years to see anyone, is it any wonder people give up

whilst i have no truck with this govt, it is only fair to mention that it was the previous labour govt who invited atos to our shores and set up the wca tests the condems have done nothing more than taken the ball and run with it.....

I am afraid it runs much much deeper than that. Not all Tories are bad just as not all Labour are good.

Personally i think they are all as bad as each other, they may start with good intentions but that's what the road to hell is paved with.

I am afraid that to blame one party or group is to not realise just how bad things are and how we have slowly let it happen

When it gets to me I just have to think that there are still good people out there, people who will help their neighbours in the snow, give their time for free to help the community/people in trouble, still stand up on the train or bus to let someone in need to sit down.