Test with learndirect - refised to take test

boloney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Sometimes in December I have booked slot for Lite in the UK test (£50) charged in advance for it. At the test center I was told that I can`t take the test because my name given while registering on website does`t match the name on my passport. My name on the passport is ie. Peter Paul Smith, while registering I have only filled fields with first name, Piotr And surname, Smith - I have left middle name field blank because there was only *(star) next to first and surname fields.So I was sure it`s not needed. Also in 2011 I have booked the same test but was unable to take it at the time because I did`t have proof of address on me (thats fair enough. my mistake). When I showed for that test there was nothing wrong with my name, they were only unhappy with no proof of address. Now when you register on the website https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/eass/registrationPersonalDetails!input.action there is advice about the middle name, says if you have it you must include it while registering (there was no such advice in 2011, not even in December when my wife registered on website, they put it on recently.)

In t&c only says:

`If the following details are not correct on the day of your test, we may not allow you to take the test and we will not refund your test fee.

Your name`

I have complained to them but they refusing to refund the fee, what do you think, do I have any chance of winning that with them? I`m thinking of going small claim route if there is any chance of taking the money back from them, that rip off.

Thanks

I dont think you will get far with the small claim, tbh if it asks for your name and you dont put your full name I can see that they may conmsider it a problem as some nationalities do have the same 1st names as their fathers etc and it is only the middle name that is different, i think that this test is somthing that would require absolute proof of who you are, or as absolute as they can get.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

you are right, that test require absolute proof of who you are thats why while registering on website you have to give them passport number and bring it with you to the test center.

if it is so important why they did`t put this warning `Please note the name you provide above must be an exact match to the name contained on the ID you present at the test centre. If your ID includes a middle name, you must include this in the Middle name field or your Test will be rejected and you will not receive a refund` before? I know they can`t make middle name field mandatory because some people don`t have it, but now it is clear for everyone that if you have it you must include it. it was`t so clear before. so I heave`t leg to stand on in this case?

also I don`t use my middle name, only when I have to ie. banks, credit cards but they ask for it. If I was buying something with for example insurance for it and they ask for name I will give them only my name as Peter Smith.

Edited by boloney

I do understand that you dont use your middle name and yes it should have been clearer, but its the same as other things like airline tickets they ask for your name and it is up to you to give your full one, in view of the reasons for this test I can see that they would prehaps be a bit more particular about the correct and full completion of forms etc. I dont think you will get the money back but prehaps try pushing your letter a bit further up the chain of command might produce a better result

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

well I have never gave my middle name while booking ticket with airline, always gave them only first name and surname :)

thanks for advice, I may send them another letter.should I state that it is last one and after that I will be submitting small claims court?