Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
    • Thankyou it’s because I’m awaiting the outcome and a friend said I will be turned down as I asked them a while back if I had ppi on the account and how much it was and they replied.  But they did only send me a short confirmation with the amount and that they trust that answers my enquiry. i just wanted to be prepared if they wouldn’t turn me down based on that. Thanks for your advice on that mate 
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2445 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I went to edreams.com or .net, not sure who they all are, anyway I got a quote online for a family trip for the six of us, the deal looked very good and I decided to go further.



First it gave me a quote of £161/passenger highlighted on the top left of the website, or around £974 for the whole family highlighted under, the price if divided by 6 will be £161/passenger, it is strange bearing in mind that we are a family of six, of which two adults, three kids ( 3, 5, 6 years ) and one enfant ( less than a year old baby) the price for enfant should be less.


As we progressed further the total price went up to around £1044, they cahrge extras for using visa debit card, it was around £5/booking + another extra on something else ( I can't remember exactly ), in other words the price went up to £174/passenger ( the price doesn't take into account the ages but works out the price per passenger regardless, unless it is a coincidence ?? I don't think so because the quote we get is always based on the number of people traveling, the total price displayed is somehow always the same price multiplied by the number of people traveling )


Then on checkout it stated that the price to pay is £1044, but when we submitted our card details it gave us a different price to pay £1123 of which £79 goes to edreams.


In other words, £1044 goes to the airline and £79 to edreams which they failed to mentioned only after I entered our bank details.


I contacted my bank for advise and they asked me to contact edreams which I requested an explanation, price breakdown, I also complained to edreams, so far I haven't heard from them ( I booked two weeks ago ).


If I knew they would act this way I would not have booked with them because they are a rip off and we hate such practices.



So far edreams have taken the amount.

The airline company have not taken any money yet.



I need your assistance if I can claim some money back ( including the £79 ) for paying full price for enfant who will either sits on mum's or dad's lap, without jeopardizing my trip which is in the end of March this year.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

the airline company debited money from my account, so far I haven't heard from edreams any reply is appreciated

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

What would it have cost you if you had booked the tickets direct with the airline?


You will probably find something deeply hidden in this company's t's & c's stating they charge some sort of fees, card fees are fairly common when booking holidays or flights and £5 is not overly high compared to the overall price.


Do you have an address for this company other than their email? You may find you're better off writing to them using a trackable method but others will hopefully be along soon who can help more than me.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I realized now the the flight will be delayed and I will have to spend the night at the airport if I wanted to go ahead.

according to edreams my flight was changed, when I checked with the airline, it was indeed postponed from 10 pm till 10 am the next day, it's a connection flight, so I have to be in Frankfurt to pick another flight that is being delayed.

have a family, the youngest is just under a year !! I can't spend the night at the airport and it's too late for me to book with another company as prices are double ( the main reason I bought the ticket early for cheaper )

can anyone please assist and tell me what are my options, so far i contacted both edreams and luftanza the airline and I am waiting to hear from them, the only thing I heard from them is that the flight has been changed, nothing else,not even an apology !

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...