SCS Guardsman Policy Mis sold by SCS Staff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise, on the way forward, back in 2008 We purchased a sofa and managed to get some discount off the sofa and put it on finance, part of this was the purchase of the guardsman policy for 5 years, we were told that we had to take this as part of the finance deal, even when asking could it be removed!!

In any case we were told that it would cover Accidental damage for any stains rips burns etc.. "we could even sit on some scissors and puncher the leather, this will be covered" their words not mine, they were almost reading out of the leaflet we got as part of the sale, which specifically says.

"No Pains with stains

For a Small additional charge you can increase your peace of mind with our superb Guardsman warranty. Available on leather and fabric upholstery, Guardsman covers you in event of staining to furniture or accidental rips, tears and burns for five years from purchase, ensuring the best protection for your new furniture (please refer to policy for full details).

Guardsman protection will help to prevent permanent staining of a suite, it cannot prevent general soiling."

My 2 year old Daughter unfortunately spilled nail varnish that she got hold of on the arm of the sofa and this has effectively stained the sofa, I called guardsman and they advised that it was not covered and under the policy it does say point 12 Any instance of staining.

I called SCS CS who advised me to call the branch, I spoke to the sales manager who asked to see the leaflet, I faxed this off and he called back to say that there was nothing he can do due to the fact the leaflet states (please refer to policy for full details) which we received a couple of months after the delivery of the sofa.

I have spoken to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline who have recorded the case and will pass on to trading standards, but that I should send a Breach of contract letter to SCS Customer services recorded.

My concern here is that im not entirely sure what to put in the letter and wondered if anyone else has had this issue, I know there is a lot of people in a very similar situation and that they feel misled regarding this.

Any help would be much appreciated

yep thats about right sens

they wriggle out of it

IMHO i would reclaim the lot + the interest its cost you being added to the loan

we had that with them too

the foot rest wouldn't come out kept fouling.

had this valspar eng come around twice to look at it.

eventually after waiting 4mts of hearing nothing

phoned up

got told that the valspar eng's report said it had been probably bent by it being used to stand on to change

light bulbs in the cluster above it.

no claim

policy cost me £515!!

suit was £2300!

got pages of exclusions in the post [24 of them!]

claimed the £515 back + 8% stat int

took a few lettres and threats but they coughed up.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks

You dont happen to have what you said int he letter do you, so I can see what to put myself?

Thanks

yep thats about right sens

they wriggle out of it

IMHO i would reclaim the lot + the interest its cost you being added to the loan

we had that with them too

the foot rest wouldn't come out kept fouling.

had this valspar eng come around twice to look at it.

eventually after waiting 4mts of hearing nothing

phoned up

got told that the valspar eng's report said it had been probably bent by it being used to stand on to change

light bulbs in the cluster above it.

no claim

policy cost me £515!!

suit was £2300!

got pages of exclusions in the post [24 of them!]

claimed the £515 back + 8% stat int

took a few lettres and threats but they coughed up.

dx

treat it as a std PPI mis-sale reclaim

the additional warranty was mis-sold as there are so many exclusions

that i was never told about at the point of sale

that i think it is useless to me.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello Sensimilia_uk,

I work for the ScS Online Team and would really like to look into this for you.

Please could you either send me your account number and post code via this page, visit our 'ScS Customer Support Facebook' page or visit our @ScSCustomerCare Twitter account where I will be able to help you further.

Many thanks,

Kate, the ScS Online Team

• 1 month later...
Hello Sensimilia_uk,

I work for the ScS Online Team and would really like to look into this for you.

Please could you either send me your account number and post code via this page, visit our 'ScS Customer Support Facebook' page or visit our @ScSCustomerCare Twitter account where I will be able to help you further.

Many thanks,

Kate, the ScS Online Team

Have sent you a PM with my details

Have sent you a PM with my details

Hello Sensimilia.

You may find that your PM hasn't arrived, because you don't have enough posts to PM other CAG users.

If you don't want to use Facebook or Twitter, you can send the information to one of the site team to forward to Kate. Or perhaps Kate can provide an email address for you to use.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Many thanks I didn't see anything come up when sending so assumed it went, but on looking in sent items there is 0, I don't fancy passing my personal details on here so it would be good if Kate_SCS could provide an email address to contact her directly?

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, ive had communication from SCS, the on-line team missed the point that I was complaining about it being mis sold, once they found this out, they got a store manager to call me who also missed the point about my complaint, they have advised that an area sales manager will call me, and ive not had that call as yet.

Although it has been easter so ill give them a little more time before taking it further

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a call from the area sales manager who automatically said that he believed it was not mis sold,

and advised that there would have been information and leaflets around the store detailing that staining was not covered,

even though I have a leaflet given to me to point of sale which gives mis leading infromation,

he even said that he could not remember the wording form back in 2007!!

He has requested the leaflet that I have to be faxed to him,

but has said he will respond with the belief that I was not mis sold,

so the question is,

what's involved with going to a small claims court,

or is this a step too far at this stage,

he did say he will write to me so I have something in writing,

but id love to open the flood gates for anyone who may have been mis sold this insurance before

matters not about any 'signage' anywhere

it could even say in great bold letter

'OUR INSURANCE DONT COVER XYZ'

the fact you were told it did

overwrites his ' our salestaff & polices were XYZ'

bit like the PPI scandal.

dx

and they

oh and WRITING ONLY.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi Sensimilia_uk,

Are you having any luck with this? I hope you get your problem resolved. I might be faced with a similar problem (I hope not, should know when I get home), so I am curious about your progress. Good luck with.

Paul