Barclaycard issues reconstituted agreement , with demand for payment

intree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May as well DD but they got rid of the floats sometime ago, Tesco's and Iceland's armoured cars deliver to the estate across the road now.

It is a very sad fact however that Her Majesty's Inspector of Constabulary made the following comment in his report a couple of years ago and I quote: "The standards within XXXXXXXXXX Police Service are nothing more than those of the common criminal" end quote. Following this and a very highly publicised case of animal torture and abuse by officers, followed by their conviction it was admitted that there a further 13 serving officers who had convictions for serious offences which included drug dealing, assault, fraud. I don't need to go on and I think you can work out which service we are talking about. An admission of 13 means that there are considerably more criminals as serving officers.

Not the sort of thing that commands or earns respect.

And this is hi-jacking intree's problems.

May as well DD but they got rid of the floats sometime ago, Tesco's and Iceland's armoured cars deliver to the estate across the road now.

It is a very sad fact however that Her Majesty's Inspector of Constabulary made the following comment in his report a couple of years ago and I quote: "The standards within XXXXXXXXXX Police Service are nothing more than those of the common criminal" end quote. Following this and a very highly publicised case of animal torture and abuse by officers, followed by their conviction it was admitted that there a further 13 serving officers who had convictions for serious offences which included drug dealing, assault, fraud. I don't need to go on and I think you can work out which service we are talking about. An admission of 13 means that there are considerably more criminals as serving officers.

Not the sort of thing that commands or earns respect.

And this is hi-jacking intree's problems.

yes i'm afraid that as in all walks of life there are bad apples in the barrel-the met seems worst than most forces- i put it down to poor recruitment standards- they get desperate at times for recruits and lower the standards

years ago there was no way you could be a copper with criminal convictions- and now you can!! - although some would say it takes a theif to catch a theif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all just a update

I have today received another 48 Hour notice from mercers collections, for one of the cards..... which I will ignore

However for the other card with 5K on it they have transfered it to CALDER finance who have I think sent me a demand/DN which gives me 7 days from date of letter to pay £478.00 arrears or they will start County court action for collection and recovery of the full amount!!

Please can anyone advise me

Thank You

Obviously the account is in dispute, so write to Calders finance teeling them to pass the account back to mercers to reemedy the dispute, they shouldn't pass on accounts whilst in dispute

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Hi intree,

As Lick the Wall says you can ignore because Barclaycard is Mercers is Calders (read the tiny print at the bottom of Calders paperwork). It is just the desk across the gangway. However depending on what you already have this might be termination particularly if you have a Mercers Default Notice. These are always defective on several counts and the threat of court action for the full sum can be interpreted as unlawful recission of the alleged agreement(if there ever was one) on the back of a defective DN. The full arguments are presented in the Invalid Default Notices thread by diddydicky and vint.

The overwhelming weight of opinion is that unlawful recission should be accepted by deed, (either write or stop paying) and then they can only ever claim the exact amount of arrears due at the time of termination not the full outstanding balance. Plus this leaves them open to a claim for damages as well from you for the unlawful termination as per the Koprahor case, if memory serves correct then that was against the Woolwich another Barclay shambles.

There are some good acceptance letters here on the forum if you want to tailor them to your own needs.

regards

oilyrag.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UpREGrdate I hav just received letters from CALDERS in regards to two Barclays accounts for which, they have sent no agreements, they have been sent the in dispute letters, then they terminated the accounts and then these vultures come along, in their latest letter they are asking for full payment of both accounts within 7 days, failing which they threaten a number of what they call "consequences".

I am surprised that they continue as they have no agreemntent and the account is in dispute, but BARCLAYS DISAGREE as always.

Advice appreciated as always

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the advice, I have now received a Bright yellow card, with warning in bold letters on it from a Company called AIC in glasgow..........................they advise me to make immediate payment or face the possibility of severe action.

Are they a Joke as B/C has never sent me any Agreement at all/.?

They just make me sick as I have written to each one and then another appears - they are the lowest form of life I have come across.

AIC have just sent another card indicating that as I have not contacted them they will now, pursue the matter through county court...............dont know how as they dont appear to have a signed CCA..........................PRATS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi I have today received a response from Barclay card, together with a RECONSTITUTED credit agreement for the above account for which they have made no contact for three years indicating they have now complied with Sec 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

They state " I enclose a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement together with the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with section 82 (1) of the Act"

The full amount of £1900 is now due

This completes and satisfies our obligations under the Consumer credit act 1978.

Thank you

Kimberly Crosby

Barclaycard

also included is a few sheets of printed docs from 2007 and some dated 1998, card was taken out in 1993

SO ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED AS ALWAYS PLEASE

Reconstituted version of Agreement are quite acceptable in the case of section 77/78 requests....but of no use if they issue a summons and wish to rely on it for enforcement purposes if your agreement is pre 2007.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

Yes I took it out in 1987/88 they have previously indicated that the accounts were not collectable through their acceptance that they have no signed agreement, today they have sent me two for both agreements pre 2007 and also for a Egg agreement which was taken out in 2001 again with no signed agreement supplied - with the prescribed terms.

It appears to me they are trying to play games again, they did this back in 2010, when Carters were their DCA, but with your help I managed to see them go away until today and out of the blue when this and other RECONSTITUTED agreements arrived with them.

Thank you for your help

I can confirm they have never been able to furnish a signed agreement, but what concerns me is that they are trying to issue proceedings based on documents which they have dated 2007 and one dated 1998, so not sure what they are planning.

I would disregard it then Intree until such time a summons is issued.They know they are on shaky ground so do you...testing the water hence their demand?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...
Reconstituted version of Agreement are quite acceptable in the case of section 77/78 requests....but of no use if they issue a summons and wish to rely on it for enforcement purposes if your agreement is pre 2007.

Regards

Andy

Andy

Does this mean that if the agreement was signed 2007 or later that they can use a reconstituted agreement for enforcement in court?

Andy

Does this mean that if the agreement was signed 2007 or later that they can use a reconstituted agreement for enforcement in court?

Yes all they have to show is that you had the goods/money post April 2007

dpick

Yes all they have to show is that you had the goods/money post April 2007

dpick

Ah, not good. Agreement signed post April 2007 (not that they have an original of any kind) and they have now sent some reconstituted agreement.

Was hoping they would still need an original to enforce in court

They claim the account was opened in May 2007 but without the original signed agreement how do they prove that? It could have been early April I guess?

Edited by Tonster