mercyblue

SSe pay as you go meter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

sadly because of a debt the other year I had to have one of these hideous things fitted. Thing is it always and always has taken 28p every 2am despite sse telling me there is no standing charge and the meter telling me the same thing.

If I ring sse (did try again today but was told they were only dealing with emergencies fair enough because of the weather I suppose) they tell me its adjusting for the different rates i.e it charges at the lower rate (the rate after xxx k/wh been used) then adjusts itself to the higher rate overnight. Clearly this is rubbish because it takes the same amount regardless of the gas used indeed if any gas is used at all.

On the two occasions I have pressed sse about this both times I have been told we'll credit you with £10 when you next top up which never happens - it seems their staff are told to say this to get you off the phone.

In addition sometimes when you do top up it takes a small amount for debt when this was long since paid off and shows has zero on the meter, you get more rubbish from sse about debt from aback that you cant see eh??? claptrap.

I am sure this is ripping me off big style and been on jsa at the moment cant afford it what can I do about it please?