rogue ebay car trader/trading standards/cab/now court/keeps setting aside my claims

david1471
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im going to keep this brief:

I purchased a car of ebay trader having being told i was getting full recon engine, new turbo and six months warranty since buying car i have had lots of trouble of which dealer was aware of from 2nd of purchse. It started with bad oil leak turned out it where engine had been fitted wrong lots of bolts also damaged fitting engine also the engine is not a full recon just old block with original parts added and there is no warranty with garage plus more issues appeared with car.

I have followed consumer rights info

14 day letter responded dont care if i go to trading standards they take years and in meantime your dont have a car.

30 day pre-court no response

After looking into where i stand i was told win in court but never get a penny out of him just throwing good money at bad but trading standards should be dealing with anyway he broke 3 laws in place to protect us from them.

1. dealer and garage fiddled service book to up value of vehicle

2. dealer sold car not to standard as advertised

3 dealer sold car not fit for purpose

Took all evidence to trading standards where i was informed due to cut backs there not really dealing with the traders breaking the laws but you can take him to court but its a lottery, probley better if you just fix car and forget it.

I stuck now as where i go with this and who to see to help fight agaist this matter of trading standards turn turning a blind eye any help here guys.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Can we have a bit more info please;

1. Make/model of car
  2. Purchase price
  3. Purchase date
  4. Mileage

Have you raised the issue via Ebay? Have you left any feedback?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

renault megane scenic

2700 pound

18th october 2012

it is not possible to do anything through ebay or leave feedback as he only trade advertise no auction involved or buy it now so no help there!

Well i'm sure you can still leave feedback although that isn't going to solve your problem. Where is the car currently and has any work been done to it? In your letter, did you ask for a repair or indicate that you wanted to formally reject the car?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

hi both rejected and gave him offer of repair of car to standards of descibed in advert replace old engine with full recon and also a repair of old engine and some cash back to true value of vehicle but did'nt want to no very happy to wait for trading standards as he new they would'nt touch him.

Unfortunately then it seems court is your only option. I take it that you have copies of all correspondence AND of the original advert?

You can commence your claim here; https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome This may also help you; http://justclaim.co.uk/index.html

I would focus on the rejection route which means the car stays parked up where it is (unless you can get it back to the seller). Make sure the seller knows that it has been rejected by returning the key to him (but obviously hang on to the spare).

Please Note

yeah looked at court but once again got all evidence but once he never replied to 30 day pre-court letter i was informed he would'nt turn up and you would not get a penny he will change name of company and director of business and just carry on ie= why there are trading laws to stop them selling dodgy cars hoping there would be someway to highlight trading standards are not using laws to stop traders doing this.

i just want to point out i except the car trader as won and there no way to beat him but wont except the fact trading standards are letting this happen with clear laws in place.

yeah looked at court but once again got all evidence but once he never replied to 30 day pre-court letter i was informed he would'nt turn up and you would not get a penny he will change name of company and director of business and just carry on ie= why there are trading laws to stop them selling dodgy cars hoping there would be someway to highlight trading standards are not using laws to stop traders doing this. i now except car trader beat me and i cant do a thing about it but i wont except trading standards turning a blind eye when they have very clear set out laws to pursue him.

Well I know I wouldn't leave it at that. What is the name of the dealer and where is he based?

Please Note

cleeveland car sales, martin wildsmith based in exhall coventry and i wish i had the money to do something about it but put all my spare cash into getting my family a nicer family car in the end lost it all and no car so imagine how i feel about it and what i would like to do to the dealer

Hmm. Well I would at least get the car towed back to him and park it on the road with some big signs in the windows! But seriously, try having another go with Trading Standards... make an official complaint if necessary. After all, they are funded by YOUR council tax!

Please Note

Hi

just to let you know this is third company he has been a director of the other two companies folded after 3 years each there have been two dissolution notices in the first gazette in the last couple of months although the compulsary strike off has been cancelled both times. Between the 20th December 2012 and 5th January 2013 the company credit score improved because the dissolution was cancelled. I think you are right and that the company will not have many assests by the time you get them to court and just looking at past history he may well be thinking of closing the company and opening another one

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi

just to let you know this is third company he has been a director of the other two companies folded after 3 years each there have been two dissolution notices in the first gazette in the last couple of months although the compulsary strike off has been cancelled both times. Between the 20th December 2012 and 5th January 2013 the company credit score improved because the dissolution was cancelled. I think you are right and that the company will not have many assests by the time you get them to court and just looking at past history he may well be thinking of closing the company and opening another one

i thanks for letting me no this had a feeling it was going this way as good trading business will normally want to help sort problems not just stand back and not care, glad i did'nt push forward to court.

Where would i lodge complaint do you think council office or take to MP to see what he thinks??

I suggest that you go back to CAB (who pass your complaint on to TS) and discuss it with them. Indicate that you are not happy with the response so far and ask them for the complaint proceedure.

Please Note

ok what i done is emaile bloke who i spoke to at trading standards to see if they are going to approach the trader if no response from him. I will go back to CAB the whole issue is terrible you read consumer laws to see where you stand thinking all the rights are there for you to find out yeah only if you take him to court and hope he has money to pay you, or lose even more. I tell you 1 thing i felt like the villian when speaking to trading standards gave all my documents pointed out laws i felt he had broken and they turn and say well if it might be mis-advertised you have a case in court.

it is 1 thing you can try but still does not mean you will get anything out of him.You would be relying on proof that he owns what they are trying to take in payment if he states its a friends not mine they cant do a lot about it, also if he started another company due to name change and other issues still not touch him.

Could you not sue the company and the the director personally as well. That way, if he winds the company up, you can still go after him? (I've been watching the Sherrif's are coming)

You can only sue the company and not the director he was carrying out his duties on behalf of the company which is a seperate legal entity

To my understanding he clearly stated i have 6 month warranty on engine and turbo and its clearly stated in advert and in email from trader, i think im right in saying this is part where trading standards come in and have power over him to enforce him to sort the problems with car or take him to court. Once again im stuck with ue to cuts we won't do anything from trading standards.

• 2 weeks later...

hi just want to no if i have been informed right

A car i purchased from car trader turn out to be dodgy motor and trader refused to do anything to sort the issues he is well known for changing is bussiness name to run away from court issues, so i took it to my trading standards who passed it to is trading standards. My trading standing told me they cant do anything is its outside the area but his will be visiting the trader for sure. Now 5 weeks passed could not get any response of my trading standards so i rung his. This is where they told me mine should have dealt with him they have no power to touch him as he as bussiness set up so he never deals in the area only on internet and where you see advert is where you buy, they have adviced me to complain to my council for wrong advice being given, but this is my questrion they stated as trader did not make it aware to you he was ltd company i have the right to sue him not the company does any1 no if this is correct info not sure what to believe from these people anymore???

Did you buy the car from a co or a personal trader, the paperwork will show that. If he sold it as a person rather than a company then yes you can sue him, however if the car was sold as a business sale in the name of the company then you would have to go after the company.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Did you buy the car from a co or a personal trader, the paperwork will show that. If he sold it as a person rather than a company then yes you can sue him, however if the car was sold as a business sale in the name of the company then you would have to go after the company.

Hi well this is where trading standards are saying as he has not stated on advert he was ltd company and not supplied any documents or receipts with car I can now sue him personally as he should have made me aware