Letter from Thomas higgins

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently filled in an online enquiry booking form for a wedding event.

we are a band that have been going for 24 years and exhibited at many wedding fairs.

i filled in the form, agreed to terms and conditions and sent it.

i heard nothing.

three weeks ago when we received an invoice for £312.

on reciept of this i acted contacting the wedding experience as i would of done if i had received confirmation of booking at that price on the day i filled in the form.

I was told by the W/E it was too late to cancel i had to pay.

we sent a email reiterating our non attendance due to the fact it had never been confirmed.

I feel as though we have been had.

On friday i received by post a letter from the Thomas higgins partnership saying we had 7 days to pay.

I tried to contact them but told i can only speak the the wedding experience.

On thier web site they have gone for the £2.00 plus vat down loadable letter.

remittance is only to made to the wedding experience.

I have no itention of being "robbed" by this woman.

I think the whole process stinks and feel like anyone could be "liable" for something they do not know they have "purchased".

CAB have been useless.

Any advice?

I do not want collectors on my door step

sorry so what did you book then?

or it this a booking agency that arranges wedding gigs for your band

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What was the online site where you filled in the form ??

You won't be able to put a link, but you can spell it out.

Thomas Higgins Partnership is just a debt collection company that likes to have a solicitors name up front as it makes them sound more threatening and they feel more important. They also hope it brings them in more debt collecting work.

Hi thereit was a wedding show, for us to have a table and talk to potential customers. we have done loads but never had this happen. ands its the wedding experience they are based in kent. its was online booking form, which i agree does have terms and conditions, but we never recieved any confirmation. its all very misleading and i feel like a dunce now.

Hi thereit was a wedding show, for us to have a table and talk to potential customers. we have done loads but never had this happen. ands its the wedding experience they are based in kent. its was online booking form, which i agree does have terms and conditions, but we never recieved any confirmation. its all very misleading and i feel like a dunce now.

You need to enter into a dispute in writing by recorded delivery. You should have been made aware of the cost of having a table at the exhibition up front and not hidden away in the small print.

There was a feature on a consumer programme awhile back about a lady who ran various wedding related businesses operating in Kent and elsewhere, who was ripping people off. They were confronted on camera and became quite nasty. Might be worth googling the name of the person who runs this exhibition company to see if it is the same lady.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You don't say how long it was between doing the online booking, and when you got invoiced, nor when the actual event in question is/was due to take place. It would certainly seem poor form if the company sends invoices out when it is "too late to cancel," as there may be other reasons to dispute the amount invoiced.

Hi , the form was put in on Nov 19th and the invoice was recieved in january a week before date of show. If i had recieved an email straight away i would have told them it was not wanted. it seems like its a hopeless one to me.