zookeeper66

Letter from Thomas higgins

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2461 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently filled in an online enquiry booking form for a wedding event.

we are a band that have been going for 24 years and exhibited at many wedding fairs.

i filled in the form, agreed to terms and conditions and sent it.

i heard nothing.

three weeks ago when we received an invoice for £312.

on reciept of this i acted contacting the wedding experience as i would of done if i had received confirmation of booking at that price on the day i filled in the form.

I was told by the W/E it was too late to cancel i had to pay.

we sent a email reiterating our non attendance due to the fact it had never been confirmed.

I feel as though we have been had.

On friday i received by post a letter from the Thomas higgins partnership saying we had 7 days to pay.

I tried to contact them but told i can only speak the the wedding experience.

On thier web site they have gone for the £2.00 plus vat down loadable letter.

remittance is only to made to the wedding experience.

I have no itention of being "robbed" by this woman.

I think the whole process stinks and feel like anyone could be "liable" for something they do not know they have "purchased".

CAB have been useless.

Any advice?

I do not want collectors on my door step

sorry so what did you book then?

or it this a booking agency that arranges wedding gigs for your band

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

What was the online site where you filled in the form ??

You won't be able to put a link, but you can spell it out.

Thomas Higgins Partnership is just a debt collection company that likes to have a solicitors name up front as it makes them sound more threatening and they feel more important. They also hope it brings them in more debt collecting work.

Hi thereit was a wedding show, for us to have a table and talk to potential customers. we have done loads but never had this happen. ands its the wedding experience they are based in kent. its was online booking form, which i agree does have terms and conditions, but we never recieved any confirmation. its all very misleading and i feel like a dunce now.

I can only find one 'The Wedding Experience Ltd' & that has been dissolved. http://companycheck.co.uk/company/05094879

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I see they are trading as, their real company name is JADE BUSINESS BUREAU LTD, http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/903525571

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi thereit was a wedding show, for us to have a table and talk to potential customers. we have done loads but never had this happen. ands its the wedding experience they are based in kent. its was online booking form, which i agree does have terms and conditions, but we never recieved any confirmation. its all very misleading and i feel like a dunce now.

You need to enter into a dispute in writing by recorded delivery. You should have been made aware of the cost of having a table at the exhibition up front and not hidden away in the small print.

There was a feature on a consumer programme awhile back about a lady who ran various wedding related businesses operating in Kent and elsewhere, who was ripping people off. They were confronted on camera and became quite nasty. Might be worth googling the name of the person who runs this exhibition company to see if it is the same lady.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You don't say how long it was between doing the online booking, and when you got invoiced, nor when the actual event in question is/was due to take place. It would certainly seem poor form if the company sends invoices out when it is "too late to cancel," as there may be other reasons to dispute the amount invoiced.

Hi , the form was put in on Nov 19th and the invoice was recieved in january a week before date of show. If i had recieved an email straight away i would have told them it was not wanted. it seems like its a hopeless one to me.