Death Threat on Noddle Report

Mawey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD!!! I'll look forward to the results.

I also now have referances numbers for the FOS they have not started investigation yet. They said I need a final response from both companys and I need to also check my other credit reports as I will have to include them in a complaint if the "threat is displayed there also"

Could you help me out and assist me in drafting a response to AS to distribute their claims about the ip address. I'm not that technically minded, but I do get the change details thing I've not come across a site where you can change your personal details or if you can you get an email saying that they will be looked at by customer services to be change (click here if it wasnt you) type email.

To be perfectly honest, you could show them proof in black and white that they are responsible. They'd still swear blind that you made the changes yourself.

I think from this aspect the next logical step would be to provide the police with your IP address. That way they will see that it is clearly different to what they are claiming the changes originated from. The only problem I can see with this is that at the end of the day; the recording of the IP address from which it did originate is reported via their systems. Should they wish to be dishonest, it wouldnt be much effort at all to change that address on the report to match the IP address which you originally signed up for.

To obtain your own IP address; simply google 'what is my IP' ;)

Can I ask, generally speaking, the geographical location of the IP. Is this close to where you live?

The only way to find out who it was would be for the police to get a court order and tell the ISP to hand over all details for it. Then it's a simple case of tracking down the person. However, if the person used a proxy server, then it becomes a much harder task.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

With regards to the IP address, it is possible for anyone to trace one . As an example of how simple it is:

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk IP address is 89.16.178.90

Which is :

Customer dedicated servers

Bytemark Computer Consulting Ltd

Bytemark Computer Consulting Ltd /19 PA

ukukyoryork53.938000-1.125000bytemark computer co...United KingdomGBnot foundnot found54.000000-2.000000Bytemark Computer Co...UNITED KINGDOMUKENGLANDYORK53.957630-1.082710BYTEMARK COMPUTER CO...Geolocation Data

getmap?key=Fmjtd%7Cluu22l6an9%2C8w%3Do5-5fbwq&declutter=true&size=900,425&type=map&imagetype=jpeg&pois=blue-1,53.938000,-1.125000|green-2,54.000000,-2.000000|orange-3,53.957630,-1.082710

Origin AS Data RIR DataASN35425NameBYTEMARK-ASDescriptionBytemark Computer Consulting Ltd# Peers5# IPv4 Origin Ranges6# IPv6 Origin Ranges1RegistrarRIPE-NCCAllocation dateAug 04, 2005Country CodeGB

Reverseconsumeraction2.dh.bytemark.co.uk.Reverse-verifiedYesOrigin ASBytemark Computer Co...Country CodeGBCountryUnited KingdomRegionEurope Population59647790Top-level DomainUKIPv4 Ranges5038IPv6 Ranges557CurrencyPound SterlingCurrency CodeGBPIP Range - Start89.16.160.0IP Range - End89.16.191.255RegistrarRIPE-NCCAllocation dateJul 17, 2006

Approximately two minutes I have that information from knowing the name of this website and running one simple command on my PC

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\5bellies>ping www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Pinging www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk [89.16.178.90] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 89.16.178.90: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=55

Reply from 89.16.178.90: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=55

Reply from 89.16.178.90: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=55

Reply from 89.16.178.90: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 89.16.178.90:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 19ms, Maximum = 21ms, Average = 20ms

C:\Users\5bellies>

If it were a hacking incident ( And I was said hacker why would I change just that information)

Out of interest are you anywhere close to Manchester?

(Don't want a location Yes / no or North West would suffice - and are you on Virgin Media - and if you are have you been on Virgin media prior to November 2012)

The only way to find out who it was would be for the police to get a court order and tell the ISP to hand over all details for it. Then it's a simple case of tracking down the person. However, if the person used a proxy server, then it becomes a much harder task.

I assume from the text they have an IP address in Manchester. Unless they used an anonymous proxy server then it should be logged somewhere . Getting the logs is the rub. It is apparent that they have the IP, otherwise how can you state it is from Manchester. My guess is it would be a domestic Virgin Media DHCP Address.

Can't see why they would redact it though.

I have had VM internet for over a year and am still on the same IP address I had when it first got connected.

You can make a proxy server appear as if it was from any country in the world.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Slightly off topic, but the proxy server will connect to the server that was allegedly hacked using its live IP address which is one that falls outside of anything beginning with 10 (10.b.c.d) or 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255 or 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255 (RFC 1918)

That IP will be registered with IANA (who in turn will assign it to one of the 5 agencies (ARIN,APNIC,RIPE,AfriNIC,LACNIC)

This will be the IP address that is in the log of the alleged hacked server, whilst it is possible to spoof an IP address this is not just a case of typing spoof my ip into google.

If you use a proxy server based in manchester with an IP of 1.2.3.4 then that is how your connection will show to the device you are connecting to.

If you use the one from Russia, 2.3.4.5 then that will show.

The majority of proxy servers are not anonymous (they do present some information sometimes your IP address is not removed)

When you then use a tool to find the IP address owner the difference will be one is in manchester and one is in russia.

So whilst your statement is partially correct you can't make a proxy server appear as if it was from any country in the world, you could however use one from anywhere in the world - which would give you a similar result.

Actually you can. I've done it multiple times in live tests for a couple of servers i used to admin.

but YOU cant change that info!

muppets

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What data appeared in the user profile section of the credit report rather than the report entry for the debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

What data appeared in the user profile section of the credit report rather than the report entry for the debt?

Not too sure what you mean?

My details are all correct in every other section of the crdit report just that entry was incorrect (if thats what you mean?)

The only part of a CRA report you can edit is your personal profile as you set up when 1st subscribing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

As I have recieved their "Final Response" I just putting everything together for the FOS and I came across the original Terms & Conditions, considering that there suggesting I unloaded the threat by changing my details how can the be when this is in there T&C's?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41766[/ATTACH]

Going over all the info in this thread, it is obvious that the lender, or someone who works for them has changed the details on the credit file.

This silly excuse where they said someone from an IP address in manchester did it is laughable at best. Anyone who knows anything about the internet and/or networking could easily shut down that excuse. What i am worried about is that no real investigation has actually been performed by a legal authority.

Going over all the info in this thread, it is obvious that the lender, or someone who works for them has changed the details on the credit file.

This silly excuse where they said someone from an IP address in manchester did it is laughable at best. Anyone who knows anything about the internet and/or networking could easily shut down that excuse. What i am worried about is that no real investigation has actually been performed by a legal authority.

The information has been a little slow from the police I have requested updates but no news as of yet.

Final Response from Callcredit

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your correspondence. Due to the nature of your complaint, my colleague Miss Dyson has forwarded your comments on to me for final response, as I am responsible for Customer Relations within Callcredit. In view of my position, I have been following the progress of your complaint and am fully aware of its nature.

The serious nature of your complaint has led to a comprehensive investigation, both here at Callcredit and at Active Securities Limited. We have a dedicated client manager within Callcredit who is responsible for our relationship with this organisation, who has assisted in the co-ordination of this investigation and we remain confident that the response that we have received from Active Securities Limited represents an accurate picture as far as we are concerned.

For clarity, Callcredit performs several hundred data quality checks on the information that we receive from organisations such as Active Securities Limited. These checks are performed to ensure that the content and format of the data is as we would expect it to be. In the vast majority of cases, these procedures ensure that we filter out any data that is clearly incorrect or inappropriate, but where this does not occur, the data is displayed as provided to us, as in your particular case and, where appropriate is investigated with the data supplier and if necessary, amended.

I feel that there is little further I can add, in that we have explained our position as well as conveying the results of our investigation with Active Securities Limited. With this in mind, I can confirm that, as requested, this constitutes Callcredit’s final response.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Relations Manager

I am submitting my complaints to the FOS now that I have recieved their final responses. I kinda expected the response from Active Securities, but the response from Callcredit surprized me a little as there siding with Active Securities even before the Police investigation is completed...

Make sure you submit it to the OFT and FSA as well.

You will find there is a section in the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection regarding ''threatening '' behaviour, so it's worth a report to the OFT.

subscribing, with immense intere5t. Shocked at their actions, shocked. Go get them, legally they have nothing to stand on, whether it was a hacker or AS themselves, they are the custodians of the data TO BE UPLOADED to the cra, so they should make sure everything is correct before updating callcredit.

Also check that your "new" address is not linked to your credit record. Just because the file is updated the linked addresses may still show it.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

AS COMPANY DIRECTORS HOME ADDRESS: MARK JAMES HANNAY

Director, COMPANY DIRECTOR,

305 LINEN HALL REGENT STREET , LONDON

W1B 5TD

AND

NICHOLAS GEORGE CHARLES MORDIN

Director, 2006.01.11

332 LINEN HALL 162-168 REGENT STREET , LONDON

W1B 5TD