• Tweets

• Okay so potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
    • Currently - "the maximum daily price at 100p / kWh for electricity and 30p / kWh for gas – keep in mind that's a lot higher than the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, so if you can't afford prices to increase further, you're probably better off sticking with a protected tariff such as Flexible Octopus." Octopus Tracker is a product of our labs, available now to customers through our beta programme. Octopus Tracker is a beta product. Some things may not work the first time, and installations and processes may take longer than we'd like. Third party tech like In-home Displays won't always work, and on occasion data issues with smart meters can take significant time to fix or prevent things from working at all.   Copied straight from octopus   Feel free to shove it somewhere else    
    • depends what the fees are, typically nothing can be added once judgement is passed bar litigation costs. on document retention time limits etc at least 6yrs previous must be held though many hold complete info. as for acronyms and abbreviations ideally yes they should     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Death Threat on Noddle Report

Mawey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds ok Mawey, just get the complaint sent, we can deal with Noodle later.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds ok Mawey, just get the complaint sent, we can deal with Noodle later.

Well the letters been sent and it was recieved on 29/01/13 and theres a signature and name printed on the POD so just got to play the waiting game now..

Got a reply from Call Credit with their explanation of how this has occured.

Dear Mr ****

I am writing further to your recent complaint regarding an Active Securities account appearing on your credit report.

I would firstly like to take this opportunity to apologise for this major error and for any stress or inconvenience caused to you.

I have investigated this further and I can confirm that this account has been suppressed on your credit report. This means that if anyone were to search your credit report they would not see this account appearing.

With regards to how this erroneous data appeared on your credit report regrettably, Active Securities have supplied us with this data. We are now in serious discussions with Active Securities to ensure this data is amended and does not happen again. Once the incorrect data has been removed, the account will then be unsuppressed.

To explain our position on this matter, I can assure you that we take our responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant regulations very seriously. Our contracts with all of our data providers make it clear they must fulfil their responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998, which includes ensuring that all data provided is accurate and up-to-date.

As we process over 100 million personal data items each month, we believe it would constitute a disproportionate effort on our part to have to check the validity of each data item against contracted terms and conditions.

Also, unfortunately we are unable to add a filter to prevent salacious words from being supplied to us. This is due to the fact that a lot of English names and towns can contain a salacious word.

Once this investigation has been completed and we have received a final response from Active Securities, I will contact you directly with the outcome.

I trust I have clarified our position however please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely

Jodie Dyson

Customer Relations Advisor

ve just registered with Noddle to check my credit file out and couldn't quite believe what I saw. ( I cannot post a picture yet) so I have added a censored version below:

Active Securities LTD

Address Mark _________ Is A F**king Dead Man Cheshire WE'RE COMING

I'm going to hit the "something wrong" button, but surely they shouldn't be able to post stuff like that on there?

And just because I''ve got some finacial problems they shouldn't be able to threaten my life. just shows what low life **** were dealing with.

Should I report this to the police? if so how?

First stop IMHO would be the police station.

Guest Peer Lawther

Hi Mawey,

I noticed this thread - how could I not?! - in the CAG email.

We've got a Social Policy team here at StepChange who record and report unscrupulous behaviour by lenders, to help push for policy change at a national level. They're some of the unsung heroes at the charity, doing a lot of work behind the scenes to help close down dodgy practices.

If you're interested in discussing this disturbing event with them (in complete confidence) I can supply the team's email address and/or phone number, or we can get them to call you. It'll hopefully help prevent it happening again with others.

Separately our press team is also interested in your story. Again, if you'd like to discuss it with them you can do this in complete confidence.

Regards,

Peer

I think I would have got the details from the other CRA's before doing anything, as you can bet that once this company knew they had been found out, these comments will have changed before you get a copy (or am I just being cynical).

I wonder, can you SAR a Credit Ref Agency to get details of any changes made????

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I bave to say that I thought I had seen everything but this is off the scale.

Has this matter been referred to the police? They are quite likely to take this sort of threat quite seriously.

Yes, if the guy who joked about blowing up Doncaster airport via Twitter got into so much trouble then this is on the same scale surely?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

incredible. sue the b'stewards. that they have so many 'data items' is not an excuse, and is not 'disproportionate' to check. they have a legal responsibility to check and secure any data.

sub

Edited by Ford

I've sent the email..

Police have been back in touch and Active Securitys are saying that the account was accessed from an i.p address in Manchester and that i.p address was the one to change the address to the threat. The information my police force have will be transfered to GMP so they can investigate further..

So it's easy appentley for the company to say it's not us, someone else did it... if there as low as to post a threat like that then surely they can falsify information to put off the police?

It might be worth asking them to elaborate on that, police will be running round in circles. i have a friend, who has a friend, whos a bit good with NATS and IPs,he wish's to remain annon. He says, ask the credit ref agency for the IP and refering serverr details and time that it was done, i think all would be available under a SAR request but 80% of the time, a nice phone call will do. ask the agency how many views its had,

you would not believe what i have previosly uncovered using SAR requiest.

Be focused whne dealing with this, dont let them talk to much about your credit file, make them focus on why the statements on there. My friend, whos also good at searching large data sets, wanders if there are any offensives statements on other peoples credit files, from this, time for a googlewhack

Hi

Now refering to your post#52 and the response from Call Credit since the ICOsaid their is nothing they could do i would respond by forwarding copies of the original noodle report and that Call Credit response letter and see if you still get the same response.

As for the Police saying it wasnt that company (Active Securites Ltd) but that they were basically hacked by a certian IP Address -- This part has no reflection on what was posted in those credit file as it was done via that companies server (Active Securites Ltd) and that outsidermanaged to hacked into their systems raises even more serious concerns to me.

If this company (Active Securites Ltd) managed to get its data hacked what other information did that hacker obtain from that companies servers (Active Securites Ltd) and it also demonstrates that this particular company has a serious security flaw in its IT equipment.

Irrespective even if the company (Active Securites Ltd) was hacked they are ultimately libel for that security breach and the data hacked and should be more seriously proactive in resolving this.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

sri but i dont subscribe to the hack excuse

firstly if anyone knows the noodle system

there are serious security measures before you even get to that section where by you can enter the

required area to change or update the consumers cra file directly. [ numerous logins and IP checks too]

there is software that must be running on the pc too.

and as for hacking through to control a pc already able to do it say via teamviewer etc ...

that wont reveal the IP that 'chagned' the info.

so to say it was changed by xx I.P that was a hacker is IMHO rubbish.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

@ dx100uk do agree with what you have said and having re-read my post have amended it as I was specifically refering to Active Securites Ltd being hacked and not the Credit Reference Agencies but the way the post read it could have been either.

Sorry for that and amended my post.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

so was i...

the fact of the matter is,

someone at AS would have had to of been logged in to the noddle system for access to of been hacked

if it was done from their premesis

they are being 'ecconomical' wth the truth to say it was a rouge IP that did it.

more likely some muppet had teamviewer or some software that allows remote access

and they didn't know about it.

they;ll know exactly who & what pc's WERE on the noddle system as it logs it.

why would a hacker say via a virus solely trash that file?

as someone has already pointed too.

they are covering SOMETHING up!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Do agree they are covering something up i.e. not wanting to admit a disgrunteled employee posted those comments as it opens them to a world of hurt so to speak

I'm thinking that this would have gone through the CallCredit system prior to the entry being farmed out to Noddle?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

If they were hacked, the oFT and FSA as well as the police would be breathing down their necks. They wouldnt simply say "oh, someone in manchester hacked us" and leave it at that. It's a silly excuse to cover up what they have knowingly and willingly done.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Callcredit/Noddle have to answer clearly how this was allowed to happen, speculation is not going to achieve any thing.

I think the questions to be asked are:

Why would a person go to all the trouble of hacking into their system merely ( I say merely in context) to cause you distress?

Surely if someone were to hack in to the system and to have that ability they would be far more interested in more than altering one particular credit file.

A disgruntled employee? why would they be disgruntled with you an individual to which they have no connection?

Assuming it were a rogue employee that employee would now be known to the police and the police would be able to confirm they have at least cautioned a person relating to this hack.

Had they hacked in then there would be a multiple number of attempts that would be identifiable as a malicious hack which would warrant far more attention and necessitate a complete system wide review to identify how and prevent that breach from occurring again. This would be a notifiable breach of security due to the nature of the data held or potentially accessible.

They would with any sense not be blagging their system is hackable they would be the target of every potential hacker out there.

I recently had a site hacked, the host provider had all sorts of excuses and reasons for why it could have occurred, and at one point insisted our ftp access had been hacked, when asked to present this evidence from the logs they backed down, they had been lying and got caught with their pants down.

It seems to me that this is the case here, they are covering up something, if they were hacked they would have the logs and the police will have them as evidence to take to the isp of the IP address that allegedly hacked their system to identify that person.

Frankly though a proficient hacker would be coming from an IP address that is routed through multiple Tor hidden servers and or compromised computers on the web. It would have to be forensically traced to be identifiable even to a region.

I follow this with interest, don't be fobbed off with this lame excuse which clearly demonstrates they are not a fit company to be operating.

Just an update on the situation

No new news from the Police as of yet, its a bit difficult dealing with them at the moment as due to the "ip thing" being thrown at them I have to deal with two forces.

GMP - To investigate the ip address claim

Cheshire - To investigate the "Threat" to me.

I have recieved an email from 247MoneyBox This morning (Active Securities Ltd) - They said they have tried to call me, but I wouldn't speak to them on the phone if they did. I want eveything in writing.

They haven't acknowledged my letter I sent them, although I do have the proof that it has been signed for.

Hi Mark,

Hope you are well. Please find copy of the complaints procedure below.

I have tried to call you however the male that answered the mobile number you have provided said that the number is not yours and that you are not contactable on that number. Can you confirm the best contact number to reach you on, and the best time to reach you. You are also able to call in on 0207 183 8708 and ask to speak to myself, Michael. If I am not available then I will contact you as soon as I am.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

*** Did I answer your questions? Rate me at the Review Centre ***

Click www.247moneybox.com/prize to enter our free prize draw with a chance to win £100!

247Moneybox.com

145-157 St. John Street

London

EC1V 4PY

------------------------------------------------------------------

complaints procedure

Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to 247Moneybox.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you aren’t happy with our service.

We hope that it never comes to this, however should you wish to make a formal complaint in writing, please address your letter to:

Customer Services Department

247Moneybox.com

145-157 St. John Street

London

EC1V 4PY

Or email [email protected].

Upon receipt of your complaint we will do our best to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day.

If we can't do this, we will send you a prompt written acknowledgement of your complaint and tell you who is dealing with it.

We will send you our full response within four weeks of receiving your complaint. We will include details of how, if you are dissatisfied with the way we have handled your complaint, you can go to stage 2 of the procedure by referring your complaint to the BCCA, which is our Trade Association and acts on our behalf. Our letter will explain that you will have ultimate recourse to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you remain dissatisfied after stage 2 referral – also that we will regard the complaint as closed if the BCCA does not receive a reply from you within eight weeks of our full response.

The BCCA will investigate your complaint and will provide you with a final response within four weeks of receiving notification of your continuing dissatisfaction.

If you are dissatisfied with the final response from the BCCA, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. The BCCA will enclose a leaflet from the Financial Ombudsman Service in their final response letter to assist you if you decide to pursue this further course of action. You should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of receiving the final response from the BCCA.

The Chief Executive

BCCA

Portal Business Centre

Dallam Court

Dallam Lane

Warrington

WA2 7LT

T: 01925 426 090

The Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

email: [email protected]

Tel: 0845 080 1800

The Other credit referance agencys have got in contact with me and have offered their assistance to get my file for free and their assistance if the same information is on there to. (will be contacting them today)

Although surpressed and only I can see it - the message is still on Noddle

It might be worth asking them to elaborate on that, police will be running round in circles. i have a friend, who has a friend, whos a bit good with NATS and IPs,he wish's to remain annon. He says, ask the credit ref agency for the IP and refering serverr details and time that it was done, i think all would be available under a SAR request but 80% of the time, a nice phone call will do. ask the agency how many views its had,

you would not believe what i have previosly uncovered using SAR requiest.

Be focused whne dealing with this, dont let them talk to much about your credit file, make them focus on why the statements on there. My friend, whos also good at searching large data sets, wanders if there are any offensives statements on other peoples credit files, from this, time for a googlewhack

the police can trace to IP adress

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.