Geronimo1

Universal Jobmatch website account problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2463 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am in receipt of JSA but very much looking for work so when the old JobCentre Plus website was replaced by Universal Jobmatch, I created an account on its launch day (taking care to opt out of any e-mail notifications) because it seemed to be impossible to apply for a job I found on there without doing so. That didn't help because as many people will have experienced, the site was unusable for the first few days.

I Googled to see if anybody else was having problems and read plenty of stories saying that the company running it, Monster, had a particularly bad reputation for privacy and data protection - so I went back to the UJ site and cancelled my account.

However, I began to get e-mail notifications on a regular basis so I used the provided e-mail address to inform them that I should not be getting notifications.

At my next signing, I was asked if I had registered and I said that I had but cancelled my account for the reasons given. The advisor seemed quite adamant that I was going to have to register eventually but I was so insistent that a supervisor came over and clarified that it wasn't a current requirement.

I continue to get e-mails from the UJ site. At my last signing there was some trouble about my job search evidence over the Christmas period and then I was asked again (by the same advisor) if I had signed up. I said that I had but tried to explain what had happened again but before I had finished they asked for my e-mail address. I thought, what the hell, let's see what happens when they enter it on their computer.

Their system said that yes, there was an account and that I had not given permission for them to access it.

When I got home, I tried to log in to the account but it said there was an error with my login - I had stored the password within a plugin for my browser so I knew it was right but clicked the link for forgotten password anyway. I entered my e-mail address and it said that there is no account with that address.

So, I e-mailed them again to complain about the situation which only goes to confirm that they are not really fit to run such an operation.

But in summary:

I created an account selecting not to receive notifications.

I closed the account

I continue to get notifications

According to a Job Centre advisor's computer, the account still exists

I cannot log into the account and according to the password reminder function, the account does not exist

I continue to get notifications

Assuming that there will come a time that I have to allow advisors access to my account, what am I supposed to do?

don't bother with UJM, there are far better more secure sites out there for job seekers to use :)

open a new account..............

Yes, I know how simple that would be. My question was semi-rhetorical.

The point I was trying to make is that the site does not function properly - sending e-mails to a deleted account, cannot make up its mind whether the account exists etc. Clearly, it cannot be trusted with personal data. Why should we be forced to use it.

don't bother with UJM, there are far better more secure sites out there for job seekers to use :)

Yes, I use other sites. I used to use the Job Centre Plus site a lot and about half the jobs I have applied for were from there. But since the UJ site was launched, I haven't found a single job to apply for on there. A lot seem to be reposts rather than new jobs. There was one day before Christmas when there were about 500 'new' jobs posted but when you worked your way through all the pages, the posting date eventually jumped about two weeks, so it looks like two weeks of jobs were re-date stamped.

Yes, I use other sites. I used to use the Job Centre Plus site a lot and about half the jobs I have applied for were from there. But since the UJ site was launched, I haven't found a single job to apply for on there. A lot seem to be reposts rather than new jobs. There was one day before Christmas when there were about 500 'new' jobs posted but when you worked your way through all the pages, the posting date eventually jumped about two weeks, so it looks like two weeks of jobs were re-date stamped.

i wouldn't bother with UJM what so ever, ive been finding twice as many job vacancies on other sites since UJM was launched and i think in the end it'll fail..can't believe they spent millions on a site they was doomed from the start :O

We have already another thread running about the UJM.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

We have already another thread running about the UJM.

There is a general thread, yes. But I had specific points to make.