ESA(C) timelimit - what to do?

jjarmstrong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on ESA© which comes to an end at the end of March 2013 (12 month limit).

Do I have to claim for ESA(IB) or will I switch over automatically, or will I not get it at all?

I am a single person, no savings, no other income, no partner.

I switched from IB after being on IB for 6 years.

I am not sure what to do if anything.

Can someone please advise me what I should do?

If further information on my circumstances is required please ask.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

This question has come up recently and people here know the answers. I hope they will see your thread and answer you, but in the meantime you might take a moment to read around the forum to see what answers were given to people with similar problems.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

:jjarmstrong:

From what you've written there's no reason why you won't be entitled to the income based strand of employment n support allowance but you'll have to make a claim for it. During March you need to ask your benefit delivery centre for an ESA3 form, fill it in and return it. For reasons unknown it's difficult to get hold of ESA3s at the moment but another contributor has kindly put one on CAG at;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?379103-ESA-problems-have-disrupted-council-tax-benefit-husband-terminally-ill

There's no transitional protection with income based benefit.

Regards, Margaret.

I had a look through some benefit entitlement letters and found my award letter, in it is says I get ESA© but it also mentions an 'Income related' amount.

Can I upload it or email it so someone can see it? So I know if il switch automatically to ESA(IB) or need to apply via ESA3.

Thanks.

if you have been put into either the support or wrag group you do not need to send in sick notes, now known as 'fit notes' there is a very good benefit calculator called turn2us which will work out what you are entitled to

:stephen2010:

Initial claims for both strands (contribution based and income based) of employment n support allowance need to be supported by a 'sick line', officially known as a Med 3 fit note. If a work capability assessment (ESA50 plus possible face to face assessment by Atos) finds you to have limited capability for work or work related activity you won't need to submit further 'sick lines'.

Regards, Margaret.

If you're already in receipt of some income based employment n support allowance the transition to an award based entirely on income (or lack of it) should, in theory, be automatic, and you should get a letter of confirmation from Jobcentreplus. Any hiccups? They'll ask you to complete an ESA3. Can't be more specific until you hear from or contact your benefit delivery centre.

If you're already in receipt of a partially income based award you may be entitled to some housing benefit, free prescriptions, etcetera.

Regards, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

The award letter says:

Employment Support Allowance - £67.50

Extra money because of WRAG - £26.75

Total Income Related Amount - £94.25

Your income-related amount is £94.25 less £0.00 so you would have been entitled to £94.25.

However because you are entitled to ESA© we will pay you £108.05 (this included transitional protection from IB).

This sounds a bit contradictory, on the previous page it also states I get ESA©.

Am I getting both then? And will I switch over at the end of the 12 months?

They dont make it very clear.

Thank you for your continued input.

(This letter was received just before the rates went up in April 2012, hence why the rates are slightly less).

Edited by jjarmstrong
Addtional information.

jjarmstrong you dont get both you will receive £108.05 the wrag amount

Thanks but not sure if its ESA© or ESA(IB) and not sure if it will transfer over or stop after 12 months.

Its says Your income-related amount is £94.25 so unsure what I get.

at the moment you are getting esa cont based which will stop after 12 months, providing you have no other income then you will be entitled to esa income based, your income relaed amount is 94.25 so this is what you would get after a year

Letters from Jobcentreplus, arrggh!

Assuming they're now paying you £109ish per week your current award is entirely contributions based. During the next month Jobcentreplus may notify you that your 365 days are up and ask whether you want to claim income based employment n support. If you don't hear anything from them you'll need to chase for an ESA3, or use the one on CAG.

Regards, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**