gass100

Barclaycard & Egg PPI Claim - SAR

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2458 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Looking for some advice please as Barclaycard are ignoring my requests to provide me with all of my credit agreements for both Barclaycard and Egg Card -SAR sent.

They have acknowledged that they are perfoming a SAR on my current Barclaycard that I have with them but have ignored the old Barclaycard that I had dating back in 2006-2009 and also stated that they did not obtain any dormant accounts from Egg. My 2 x Egg cards date back to 2007 and 2009.

I have sent them all of my details including full name, d.o.b and previous addresses but they are saying that they cannot locate my details which I know is a fob off.

What steps should I take next as this has already been going on for a couple of months. I have also provided them extracts from my current account showing DD payments to verify the period that I had these cards with them?

Thanks for your assistance

Jon

see the barclaycard forum

lots of info there

failure to comply aand court cases

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks, i'll take a look and then take the next step.

Gass100.

You need to think the demise of Egg might have something to do with the two Eggs accounts you have.

Barclays only took on the live active accounts in 2011. If yours were dormant, in arrears or dispute, or closed then they werent interested. Did you get anything from Barclays welcoming you into their family? If not then Barclays are telling you the correct information. The two egg accounts didnt transfer and will be still with the residual Egg company.

Egg have left Derby now so no point in sending a SAR there. They were part of Citi who have set up a company to deal with legacy Egg issues. Canada Square Operations in Worthing. Get the full addy off Google.

With respect to a SAR for defunct accounts be aware they will probably be poor. Not only has the physical move happened and all the possibility of lost information but if you think about it the only reason to keep this defunct account information would be because the regulators want it (money laundering) or because of a liability to you (PPI/charges).

So if you think along this line you will see its a big liability to keep pristine records on these accounts. Its going in the main be used against them. I would suspect they will be keeping to the regulators rules of information required and deleting everything else not required. It may nark you off but from a business sense it makes perfect sense.

Your account inceptions are coming up to 6 years this year. If they have not already I suspect data cleansing will soon be in operation.

But your SAR if you choose this mission should be to Canada Square Operations Worthing not Barclays for those two accounts.

Hope that helps somewhat. Surprised Barclays couldnt pop Canada Squares address in the letter for you. Mr Jenkins thats how helpful your staff really are.