eviction advice neede urgently

pmpmac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have been a tentant for 8 yrs at my rented property and found out my landlord went bankrupt and a possession order was made against the house so i went to court to suspend the decision and give me 2 months to find elsewhere which was granted till 23/01/2013(we were also advised by the banks client that if we had found somewhere and it moving date was a week after the 23 jan then to contact them and they would consider putting the eviction off till for a week.

we then found a property which would wouldnt be ready till the 28th jan so i contatacted the solictor and they agreeded to the extension,since then another creditor G E Money put another possesion order againts the house which falls on the 23rd jan so i contacted them and asked for a delay of several days and sent copies of the my tennet agreement plus a confirmation letter of the landlords of my new property showing the move in date which they asked for and also once they got this they would give us the time needed.and once they recieved this proof they then said sorry we wont agree due to another creditor also having a claim againts the propertry.

what i really need to know is can i go to court tomorrow(appointment at 10:30 am) will i be able to suspend the warrant againts G E money which gives me and family the days needed? thank you for taking the time to read this and if possible and speedy response would be very grateful,thanks paul

Edited by citizenB

You will have to put your case to the judge for the stay of the warrant, take all the evidence of the move in date and the notification that one creditor has agreed to wait, the rest is down to the judge.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Have you contacted the original Solicitor who has agreed the extension?

I am assuming the bank has a priority claim so I dont understand why GE Money are being so obstructive.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

we are sending out S.O.S' for you - hopefully someone will be along soon.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

tried to today but he was unavailable till tomorrow,and yes the bank has priority as they gave the morgate while GE Money just lnt him money after he had the morgate,thank you for putting the sos out i will continue to check for replys while continuing to pack,thanks paul

Hi, I'mm sure if you give all the details to the judge he will grant an extension - we are only talking about a few days. Do you know if your court has duty legal advisors in attendance tomorrow ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Am not sure if there are duty legal advisors there tomorrow as up untill 5pm today GE Money were going to agree to the extension then at the last min said no,so we were kind of having to do everything in the last min so until tomorrow we are so unsure of everything

I'm sure it'll be ok - let us know what happens in court.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Went to court today and GE Money solicitor didn't turn but sent a fax stating they agreed to the 56 day extension,the judge also said he was going to rule in our favor as GE Money and there solicitor were any thing but helpful and he agreed that they left it till the last minute making it very hard to get before the judge which would work in the favor,thank you to all who offererd advice it was greatly appreciated.Paul:smile:

That's great news - well done for standing up to them. Hope everything works out and you are happy in your new home :)

This is excellent news - I know this is going to be a huge upheaval as the eviction is not of your making. I hope you are happy in your new home :)

BCOBS