A new trick from Aktiv Kapital?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the last couple of weeks I have been receiving calls from 01865 525980 to my mobile phone.

This is a local number to me, but as they've called during work hours so I haven't picked up, and they haven't left any messages,

however having googled the number it appears it is Aktiv Kapital.

Is this a new trick from AK,

calling alleged debtors from a local number in the hope they'll answer the phone,

or have they genuinely moved from Bromley to Oxford

- their website suggests not!

No - not a new trick at all and have had it happen to me on more than one occasion. Damned sneaky though!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

For the last couple of weeks I have been receiving calls from 01865 525980 to my mobile phone. This is a local number to me, but as they've called during work hours so I haven't picked up, and they haven't left any messages, however having googled the number it appears it is Aktiv Kapital. Is this a new trick from AK, calling alleged debtors from a local number in the hope they'll answer the phone, or have they genuinely moved from Bromley to Oxford - their website suggests not!

When companies make these calls, then can transmit any number they like. I keep getting phone calls from an Energy company, who transmit various numbers when I enquire using 1471. I am on TPS, but this does not stop some companies. I don't get into a conversation with the companies if I happen to pick up a call, just not interested, don't bother phoning again please. I suppose I could follow up with a complaint to TPS, but cannot be bothered.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Depending on your phone you can get a call blocker.

I use Android, and run "call control". My phone is set up to only allow numbers that are all ready in my contacts list. All other calls can then either be diverted to the answer phone or just hang up on the caller.

Depending on your phone you can get a call blocker.

I use Android, and run "call control". My phone is set up to only allow numbers that are all ready in my contacts list. All other calls can then either be diverted to the answer phone or just hang up on the caller.

I've got an iPhone, so no such thing is available - I just name the numbers 'DoNotAnswer' in my address book and set the default ringtone to silent for them, which is almost as good.