Cold weather payment

udaymorjaria
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just check website and can NOT believe what I saw what a joke my area is not listed as cold weather( post code SM1) payment.

I see nothing expect snow for past three days

My weather station say -2 for past four days.

Is this some kind of madness or what?

Hello there.

I found this on the gov.uk site in case it helps. It seems to pay out after 7 consecutive days.

HB

Payments will be made when your local temperature is either recorded as, or forecast to be, an average of zero degrees Celsius or below over 7 consecutive days.

Use the Cold Weather Payment tool to find out if your area is due to receive a payment.

You’ll get a payment of £25 for each 7 day period of very cold weather between 1 November and 31 March.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thankyou Honeybee, I just went on there for my area and its says none being paid as no cold weather reported from 1 Nov to 18th Jan...the snow hit here on Friday 18th lol and am sure we were in -something or other, and have been since, but I guess we will see I will check it over the next few days to see if its changed.

It is time this cold weather payment system was reviewed, we can have seriously cold weather for 6 days then a day above freezing then below again and no cold weather payment triggered, it just seems wrong!

It is time this cold weather payment system was reviewed, we can have seriously cold weather for 6 days then a day above freezing then below again and no cold weather payment triggered, it just seems wrong!

It is averaged as far as I know so if you have 5 days -4C and two days 1C, a payment should be triggered. We only have our heating running on off peak as cannot afford to have it on all day as too expensive. Consumption jumped up from less than £2 a day to over £5 a day.

It is averaged as far as I know so if you have 5 days -4C and two days 1C, a payment should be triggered. We only have our heating running on off peak as cannot afford to have it on all day as too expensive. Consumption jumped up from less than £2 a day to over £5 a day.

O'my mines 50p a day as i can not afford that much....:sad:

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

None been triggered in my area too and we've had snow and very cold weather, i live on my my own with my 4 year old son, and the gas is taking up all my benefits , over £2 an hour is coming off the meter for the heating and thats only on at 15c, i can only afford to have the heating on a few hours a day but i dont want the house to be cold for my son :(

How do they expect someone on JSA to be able to pay the Gas/Electric bills. My Parents are quids in with the weather payments and Pension Credit, they thousands in the bank and waste money on bid tv, throw away food before its due date, lend my lazy Sister thousands!!

Surfer01 posted this.

It is averaged as far as I know so if you have 5 days -4C and two days 1C, a payment should be triggered.

I don't know how they do the maths, but the stuff I posted from gov.uk says the temperature is averaged over 7 days.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I sympathise with everyone on a low income in winter. The cost of trying to keep warm is shocking. Unfortunately, I'm very heat dependent and have to have the heating on all the time. Three night storage heaters (and we all know what they're like!), together with an additional halogen heater in the living room and a large convector in the kitchen. Even if I'm not in the kitchen often it still needs heating. Entering a cold room can set off a severe attack which, at best, results in two to three weeks of acute illness and, at worst, hospital. I'm fortunate to have qualified for the Winter Fuel Allowance. But even with that and any cold payments that are generated, I still pay a lot for heating.

Surfer01 posted this.

It is averaged as far as I know so if you have 5 days -4C and two days 1C, a payment should be triggered.

I don't know how they do the maths, but the stuff I posted from gov.uk says the temperature is averaged over 7 days.

HB

Which is exactly what I said???