JSA Suspended for 5 weeks and they keep loosing my forms!

DisneyJunkie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone here can help as I'm at the end of my rope and have nowhere else to turn.

Back in November I received a letter saying my contributions based jsa was ending and I would need to change to income based.

I immediately phoned the benefit enquiries line and was told I wouldn't need to do anything as my circumstances hadn't changed.

My partner received the same letter and did the same thing we were both assured we didn't need to do anything.

We signed on before Christmas and both double checked with the people we signed on with who said again that we didn't need to do anything

and that the change over would happen automatically.

Although I was advised that if I wanted to be double sure I could fill in a jsa 3 form and send that in to make sure they had all our information.

This got forgotten over Xmas, then

we weren't paid when we should have been.

On 3rd Jan we received a letter each saying that they couldn't pay our benefit from 15th Dec.

The letter hadn't even been sent until 2nd Jan.

Since then we have sent in 2 seperate jsa 3 forms

the first we handed in at our local job centre to be sent with their internal mail.

This one according to the enquiries office has been lost in their internal post.

The second form we sent in a week ago and they still hadn't received on friday so I'm terrified they'll loose this one too.

My question is this,

do we not have any options other than keep sending them forms for them to loose?

We've now been 5 weeks without pay,

we live 7 miles outside town and have no way of getting in to collect a crisis loan.

We're out of food, our utilities are starting to be cut off,

and now my medication has run out and I can't afford the bus to town to collect my prescription.

Surely there's SOMETHING we can do?

They just keep saying they can't release payment until they receive our form

I think you've been given wrong advice. When contribution-based runs out, it's up to the jobseeker to submit a new income-based JSA request, unless the law has changed recently. If you took note of the operator's name (I do this all the time) and the time of the call, you can put this in to a complaint or appeal.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"