• Tweets

• Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
    • Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated. royal leisure park praking area map.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Accused of theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

edited

below is the email i sent to ceo and customer service of tesco. now I m waiting for their response. 22nd Jan is the last day I give to them.

I make a big complain here, and would like to take tesco to court seriously if the problem could not be solved properly on time.

28th. Dec. 2012, for personal reason I stayed a whole night in extra tesco WD17 2BD. It s between Christmas and new year , a happy day . I got ready to leave there anytime if the staff said I could not stay there for long time. About 8 or 9pm I bought some food over £2 and stayed in the chair of krispy kreme donuts in the corner of tesco. I had asked one staff of krispy if I could stayed there. By then almost no customer s there. He said yes to me friendly. I sitted there , read a novel book I taken quietly for most of time in the night .

About 6 am 29th. One secure man came up to me and said I watched you all night and what what. I said I know what s the meaning of yours and stood up and went out of tesco door. Just about 2 steps away out of the door, the man stopped me and asked me for the receipt. I felt so strange as the alarm door did not sound. I m not sure as maybe I put receipt in the bin . I did not show receipt to him. another secure man and the team leader and another staff lady. They showed up . I could not leave.

I called police. When I asked them the police number, they told me ˜999' . after I called 999 , later they told me ˜101™.

When I stood there, about 2 steps away from the tesco door and waited for the police, one by one , they asked me to stand inside near the door. I said I would like to stay there.

There something happened shocked me. The three man including the team leader cycled and ˜stick on' me , the 2 bigger secure men grapped my arms strongly, pulled me by force completely to go in door and to an small offce without window about 20 or 30 metres away. I struggled and asked loudly to other customers to help me to call police.

In the office , the secure man grapped my arm , pushed me by force into a chair when I stood there. He said sth. Like ˜ Chinese , chinese passport. Non “euro'. And kept ˜what what what ˜.

The police came to and checked my bags and talked with them, then said I could go. It s about 7.30am.

During the whole time, all your secure staffs had never asked to checked my tesco bag. It s unusual.

The points are,

1.if any customer does not show the receipt , could you be sure and could prove they stolen ?

2. I m a lady , the two secure men are much more bigger then me. by then when we were waiting for the police, the staffs of yours didnot know if I had the receipt or not as they kept asking me to show it till the police came to , and I called the police and kept waiting . By this situation, it s necessary and right for them to do so by violence just cause they said they were cold?

3. it should be easy for tesco to check out if I paid or not paid. What I did in tesco. If you want .

What I ask for are,

1.formal public apologize .

2. compensation.

Please reply in 14 days.

Thanks.

here are other things(not include in the email to tesco) ,

1. the food over £2 , are discount food. about £0.19 per bag banana and about £0.30 meat, and some like that.

2. I work full time with not so much wage. but could not use public fund. so could not pay for a solicitor.

3.. when I stayed in krispy kreme in night, I ate some of banana and meat, and put the rubbish tesco bag to the bin. the receipt should be in the bag then . the securety man said he saw me got out of tesco at night and came back, that was while I put them to the bin.

4. the reason i stayed in tesco in night was, I changed my address by then. I gave notice the old landlord , so i must move out. the new address tenant 's notice was one week later after mine. I thought I were clever to find some public safe area to spend this one week. but got so disgusting experience in tesco.

5. if tesco insists on their behaviours were right, where is my right?

Edited by baijiabaijia
edited

Hi I have edited some of your posts.

We are a self help cite and cannot recommend lawyers etc

I have also edited the title of your thread?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Why do you think you had the right to stay in that store all night???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

lucky it was 1

I thought I were clever to find some public safe area to spend this one week.

a hotel would of been the right thing to do Tesco's is not a drop in center.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

You will have to put it down to experience. Tesco are within their rights to ask you for a receipt. You might get an apology but staying in Tesco overnight isn't acceptable. As for compensation I don't think you have any chance and forget taking them to court. It would get struck out in the first instance because Tesco could say you were trespassing. You don't have funds for legal representation, it's hard enough going to court representing yourself when English is your first language. I'm sorry to tell you I think you are wasting your time with legal action

scotgal 

Sadly I think that Tesco will struggle to understand exactly what your complaint is. I appreciate that English may not be your first language, but it really isn't clear what damage you have suffered, or why you think Tesco are to blame. As I understand it, you spent the night in the store (Krispy Kreme is a store within a store, so still Tesco property) and you were accused of shoplifting? Shoplifting what? I understand that you purchased food, but that did not give you the right to remain there for the night - I am sure that the KK assistant did not believe that you were staying ALL night?

If I am correct, your main point is that the security guards asked you to come back into the store but you refused? They then forced you into the store? The police attended at your request and said you had done nothing wrong? You might well have an argument over false arrest, but you do not make that clear in your letter.

You say that 3 men including a Team leader cycled at you and then stuck it on you? What? A bike? Did it injure you? That could be assault, but again you do not make it clear exactly what you are complaining about. You should have complained about that to the police when they came.

I think you could have benefited from getting some help with your letter before sending it. That might get you an apology, but as for compensation, or taking them to Court - absolutely not in my opinion unless you suffered some form of damage

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

It's safe to assume that anyone has the right to be in the store, be it all night until the time you are asked to leave, its a supermarket and it's open to the public. Staying overnight was a bad idea, the op should look at previous posts about being accused of shoplifting maybe you will find the answer you're looking for.