was told this would stop me from studying!

stuggling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a brilliant gift catalogue, I've gone into arrears by 1 month, i contacted them today, to arrange a payment and they asked my what I do explained im a student studying law, was then told that because they have defaulted the account it I will not be able to work in law! I've never heard this before but im now worried this will be the case!

I have a brilliant gift catalogue, I've gone into arrears by 1 month, i contacted them today, to arrange a payment and they asked my what I do explained im a student studying law, was then told that because they have defaulted the account it I will not be able to work in law! I've never heard this before but im now worried this will be the case!

Being defaulted is not a criminal conviction however if you were working in the financial sector it may impact your future. Can we assume that you have now paid up the arrears? The default will be on your credit file fro 6 years and make it difficult to obtain credit.

Unusual for a default to be issued for 1 month's arrears. I suggest not missing any future payments as you may be able to update your credit file with an explanation for 1 missed payment.

Unusual for a default to be issued for 1 month's arrears.

Thats what I was thinking, usually 3 missed payments would action a default, have you checked your credit file to check this out.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

They being funny with me, no the arrears not clear I made a part payment, my file will be ok in 6 years as all my debts will be paid in 2 I don't aim to do any financial but work in criminology or a criminal solicitor :-S,

They being funny with me, no the arrears not clear I made a part payment, my file will be ok in 6 years as all my debts will be paid in 2 I don't aim to do any financial but work in criminology or a criminal solicitor :-S,

Some companies in that line of work will take into account debt problems so you need to be very careful. When I was a serving police officer in the sixties, debt was taboo as it was surmised that you were not honourable and could be bribed. Debt was a social stigma in those days. Some firms may still hold that view although it is not a criminal offence.

It is 6 years from the date the default is registered and will stay on there for the 6 years. You probably have the default because you still have arrears and it is now into its second or third month.